Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I ordered my GM splash guards not realizing that they were not made to fit RS cars. So rather than send them back I decided to figure out what needed to be done to make them fit my car (2016 LT RS). After doing some minor alteration, I now have them on my car. Basically you need to cut out the area where the splash guard goes around the ground effects. I'll try to explain what I did and show some pictures of how I made mine fit. Hopefully I won't get flamed too much because I know they are not perfect. I think if I did another set I could make them look better, but honestly I think they look fine they way they turned out so here goes!

The pictures below show what part of each guard needs to be cut out. When I cut the driver's side piece, I made the cut too far because I thought more material might need to be removed. Turns out I was wrong but luckily, you can't really see the cut since they are close to the ground. The latter pictures show how they look on the car. Overall, I think they look fine but tell me what you guys think. I did all of the cutting with a Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel on it. It boogers up the plastic pretty good but you can peel that off once it cools. I can elaborate a little more if anyone is interested.

Honestly if I did it again, I would have ordered a cheap set from eBay (direct from China) but as I said earlier I didn't know that they wouldn't fit when I ordered them. Also, this is for the front splash guards. The rears fit just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Not much of a flap below the fender line.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Honestly, I'd take those off and get the correct ones. It doesn't look good, looks like a hack job.
You have a very nice car there, keep it that way...don't settle for that look ;)

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Honestly, I'd take those off and get the correct ones. It doesn't look good, looks like a hack job.
You have a very nice car there, keep it that way...don't settle for that look ;)
GM doesn't make splash guards for the RS trim Cruzen.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
How deep is that cut?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I probably will replace the left side guard. That cut is all the way through. I think the other one looks ok. You would have to look really close to see that they were cut to fit. Since GM never made guards to fit the 1st gen RS, I find it very unlikely that they will do it for the 2nd gen either. You never know though. If they do I will replace these.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,123 Posts
If you can sand, try one of these to repair the over-cuts.

Cheap Plastic Welder

You can get this for as little as $12 on the right days / with the right coupons.

Better Plastic Welder

I have them both. It takes a bit of practice to get good at it though.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Honestly all mudflaps on the cruze look kind of like a hackjob, except for these exact ones you used on a non RS. The rally armors are obviously larger and much much more effective, but still dont really fit great because of how the fender liners are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you can sand, try one of these to repair the over-cuts.

Cheap Plastic Welder

You can get this for as little as $12 on the right days / with the right coupons.

Better Plastic Welder

I have them both. It takes a bit of practice to get good at it though.
Good idea. I may give that a shot. I have some extra material that I could practice on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts