Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
I do drive at night, and I understand wanting more light, but keeping your fog lights on with your high beams isn't a practical route to achieve that.
I drive at night as well. There are instances where the fogs would be helpful even with the highs on. Personally I feel the high beams in the gen 1 Cruze are just about worthless as they're too diffuse. Adjusting the lows to reach out a little further and using the fogs for near in lighting works better than the high beams do.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
My dad had a car that could do this and yep, he could challenge a locomotive head lamp with that car. Regardless of the state laws reference earlier (and Oregon's law was written prior to manufacture designed fog lamps) the FMVSS limits the amount of candlepower that a passenger car and light truck can emit at any given time. Toyota actually had a recall on some of their "off-road" vehicles a couple of years ago because it was possible to exceed this limit when you added the factory optional top bar lights.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
<Moderator Hat>

Front headlight modifications are a touchy subject here as this impacts the safety of others on the road. We have a policy of not allowing discussions on unsafe modifications to the headlights because this really does impact the ability of other people to not hit you. This doesn't mean you can't discuss replacing your lights with brighter lights or with HIDs, so long as you describe how you're avoiding endangering other drivers on the road. We actually have a few members who have done just this using aftermarket lamp housings and their lights look really, really good, both from the front looking at the car, and from their driver's seat.

Asking how to safely modify your headlights is fair game. I'm not sure OP will like the answers he gets to his question, but the question is legitimate.

</Moderator Hat>

1 - 3 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.