Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided to paint the A/C Vents to match the rest of the interior and since no one else had a how to, or had done it I took the time to get some photo's. Here is how to do it.

First disconnect the battery (for at least 10 minutes) you are working around an air bag. Open the passenger side glove box and locate the two bolts and unbolt them ( red arrows.)

then using your fingers pry the cover off which leaves the air bag area exposed and place the piece to the side for later. Then go to the driver side and remove the driver side one the same way, but there are not bolts.

The vent has three clips holding it into the dash panel which you just use a flat head screw driver to get off. (Red Arrows) then using the same screw driver pry off the chrome trim ring. (blue arrows)

Paint your items and put back together… pretty simple and ties the rest of the car togther.

For other interior guides see http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-...ring-wheel-speedometer-dashboard-shifter.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
And, of course, reconnect the battery. Definitely remembering to unplug it in the first place though is the biggest thing. Great job.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And, of course, reconnect the battery. Definitely remembering to unplug it in the first place though is the biggest thing. Great job.
I counted that as part of the "put back together" but I'm sure some would forget, but at least when they went to start the car they would quickly figure it out.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow very nice job, and nice write up! I've been wondering how to get to those for awhile now lol. Thank you!

Now the question is, how can you get to the ac/heat rings lol.
I'm sure they come pressed together, I was looking at those and the volume and menu buttons thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you mention that, my wife said the same thing and I already have the first two layers on it now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was wanting to do the logo on the steering wheel also, lol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wow very nice job, and nice write up! I've been wondering how to get to those for awhile now lol. Thank you!

Now the question is, how can you get to the ac/heat rings lol.
I've done the ac/heat rings in my car, as well as the play/pause ring. they just pop out with a little force under the ring. I actually just took a small flathead screwdriver and was able to pop them off very easily. it takes a little bit to get them properly lined up (since you cant see past the rubber to find the holes) but it is one of the easiest pieces.

Only pieces in the car I haven't gotten to yet is steering wheel trim, and the on/menu buttons on the dash. <--cant get those dang things off.

Definitely wish I saw this write up before I did the air vents though, snapped a couple clips doing it, and once I got them out I realized I could've just popped the panels out lol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Never mind about the menu and power button trim, wasn't pulling hard enough!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't forget some pictures...

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like this white on black look alot.
Thanks man! I love it, looks even better in person.
adds a very premium-style look to it. plus my whole car is going for thewhite/black look lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks man! I love it, looks even better in person.
adds avery premium-style look to it. plus my whole car is going for thewhite/black look lol.
yeah if my car was white I would definitely do the white on black look. mine is silver however so the stock color on the inside works pretty good for me.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've heard they come off easily but have not done them myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.