Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE HOW TO REMOVE THE FRONT LICENSE PLEASE HOLDER PLASTICK FROM THE FRONT BUMPER?

I DONT NEED IT IN ARIZONA AND I HONESTLY DONT LIKE IT ON THERE BOTHERS ME.

LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SOME RIVETS BUT I DONT WANT TO BREAK OR MESS UP MY BUMPER.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!:th_salute:

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Rivets are removed by drilling. There will be holes in the bumper cover where they once were.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
HEY GUYS DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CLUE HOW TO REMOVE THE FRONT LICENSE PLEASE HOLDER PLASTICK FROM THE FRONT BUMPER?

I DONT NEED IT IN ARIZONA AND I HONESTLY DONT LIKE IT ON THERE BOTHERS ME.

LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SOME RIVETS BUT I DONT WANT TO BREAK OR MESS UP MY BUMPER.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!:th_salute:
In case you are unaware, posting using capitols is the equivelant of yelling......please stop yelling at us.

Rob

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I drilled mine out and used 4 black body plugs and silicone to fill the holes. Looks decent, but my car is dark grey.

Reactions: AZCruze

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appologize i really am not im at work and everything we type in this sofware we use is in caps.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
My CRUZE was obtained in Arizona and came with a Front Plate Holder at an extra cost of $15. ARIZONA is not a Front Plate State. I want to know WHY, even though my CRUZE was smuggled into California it came and I was charged for one?

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Eddy you really have to ask why ?

Because that's why !

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My CRUZE was obtained in Arizona and came with a Front Plate Holder at an extra cost of $15. ARIZONA is not a Front Plate State. I want to know WHY, even though my CRUZE was smuggled into California it came and I was charged for one?
Eddy i actually drove to Blyth Califronia and picked it up from a dealer there and i live in AZ so i mean that is probably why it has it, but i was also told by the sales man it had been transfered from a dealership in lake havasu so idk... i just dont like it haha

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Yes my CRUZE came from Lake Havasu too. We both were sold an option that shouldn't have been charged for. Why did you buy in Blythe?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes my CRUZE came from Lake Havasu too. We both were sold an option that shouldn't have been charged for. Why did you buy in Blythe?
I knew the sales man threw a friend and he helped me into the car... im young and dont have all that much credit. So once he had a deal for me i gave him a visit.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
I knew the sales man threw a friend and he helped me into the car... im young and dont have all that much credit. So once he had a deal for me i gave him a visit.
I knew the Sales Manager. I'm Old and don't have much credit anymore. Buying out of state and having to pay two grand to California for tax was tough and non financed as well. Also had to get my brand new car SMOGGED. Where did you drive from?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi AZCruze,
I had the same problem. Mine had big coarse screws in the bumper cover, so after I took it off I had some big holes. I covered them up with white vinyl that I cut little circles and put over the holes. They have held up for over 5 months and about 4 car washes.
Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I knew the Sales Manager. I'm Old and don't have much credit anymore. Buying out of state and having to pay two grand to California for tax was tough and non financed as well. Also had to get my brand new car SMOGGED. Where did you drive from?
From Buckeye, Arizona 2 hour drive. Yea I didn't have to pay Cali taxes they had it all set up for me. Wierd no smog on mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi AZCruze,
I had the same problem. Mine had big coarse screws in the bumper cover, so after I took it off I had some big holes. I covered them up with white vinyl that I cut little circles and put over the holes. They have held up for over 5 months and about 4 car washes.
Hope that helps you.
Thanks man and yea I found something similar to what you did
http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop_detail.php?pid=CRBA1-1441

·
Registered
273 Posts
I typically use screw caps to cover holes like those. You can get them pretty cheap at most automotive parts stores.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
From Buckeye, Arizona 2 hour drive. Yea I didn't have to pay Cali taxes they had it all set up for me. Wierd no smog on mine.
Well no, I am/was a California resident so that is why I had to get my brand new Car smogged. Also I could have paid tax on the Arizona purchase including it in my financing but California would have wanted additional money as our rate is more. I would avoid California if at all possible! My friend was the GSM at the Havasu dealership and charged me as much as he could, so much for friends?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts