Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Only time mine beeps is if the engine is running and I put it in gear, can leave the engine running, in neutral, red dash light comes on, but it doesn't beep. Really at that time, not too bad to get a beep to remind you to push it all the way down.

At times, my wife won't completely put it all the way down, will beep on the first click, maybe your switch is misadjusted and beeps when the parking brake handle is completely down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i know it only beeps in gear. But i was wondering if theres a way to bypass that as i have been whipping my car around in the snow alot and the beep annoys the **** out of me lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
LOL have fun in the snow!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I was going to say, I can only think of one time the beep, which mine doesn't have, would annoy me - playing in the snow. It's probably there because GM got sued by someone who left their parking brake on and they destroyed their rear brakes as a result.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Yeah i know it only beeps in gear. But i was wondering if theres a way to bypass that as i have been whipping my car around in the snow alot and the beep annoys the **** out of me lol
Ha, I use to do that, but on a snow covered frozen deserted lake, until I got more sense.

Is a parking brake switch that can be disable, time to learn something about cars. More you learn, the more you realize how fragile they are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only time mine beeps is if the engine is running and I put it in gear, can leave the engine running, in neutral, red dash light comes on, but it doesn't beep. Really at that time, not too bad to get a beep to remind you to push it all the way down.

At times, my wife won't completely put it all the way down, will beep on the first click, maybe your switch is misadjusted and beeps when the parking brake handle is completely down.

Mine beeps continuously when my parking brake is set and my car is in neutral. I have a manual transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Mine beeps continuously in neutral when the brake is set. Manual transmissii
Is there a way to make my cruze not beep at me if i have the parking brake pulled?

Did you figure out if there is a fuse or something to disable the chirping?

Mine is a constant continuous chirp that drives me insane.

I have a manual transmission and it beeps when the car is on in neutral. It's ridiculous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts