Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody tried removing their manual shift knob? the leather/rubber on mine has torn apart, im tryna get it fix on a upholstery shop IF it is possible to get it removed, geez it sucks livin in a 3rd world country we cant even afford a bnew car.

20140901115032.jpg 20140901115041.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can just unscrew the thing. Use a thick cloth like mf towel to protect the surface and give you a decent grip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
all right guyz, as confirmed, shift knob of cruze is removable, but **** chevy dealers in our country doesnt sell shift knobs only, they sell the whole shift box

·
Registered
11 Posts
Knob is removable, just turn clock wise and counter clock wise, some times and knob will be off. You may buy an aftermarket knob los TWM for cars with reserve gear lever, looks mine

10491229_10152478098746578_4731862485116765043_n.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
If it doesn't unscrew, you can remove the cap and there will be a screw holding it down. Remove the screw/bolt and it will come off.
I took mine off on my eco and there was no screw. It was pressed on, I had already torn it up so I took a dremel to it and cut it off and got one of those universal knobs and that's what's on it now. I'll see if I can find the pieces of the knob, I thought I kept them for reference. If I can find the pieces, I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is not correct.

I have a 2013 Cruze. The shift knob is threaded on.
Well I don't know what to believe anymore! I have a 13 and it is press fit. When I worked at Thayer Chevy, all of GM's diagrams had a press fit assembly too. Duvall, did yours have a screw under the cap then?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I don't know what to believe anymore! I have a 13 and it is press fit. When I worked at Thayer Chevy, all of GM's diagrams had a press fit assembly too. Duvall, did yours have a screw under the cap then?
No, I just gave it a twist and it started turning. It then came off and the shift lever was threaded.

I hope someone else has a '13 with a threaded lever. I am really not special.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Cruze and just replaced mine.
It was a pain to get off and the new one on.
Remove the outer leather cover and then pretty much just twist and do whatever you can to get it off (it’s not a screw)
Replacement needs to carefully be placed on with a mullet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts