Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a video showing what is entailed with taking off the front bumper side clips. Didn't see anything explains this and you can damage your bumper if you just try and rip it off. Hope it helps! Any questions just shoot me a PM and ill get back to you....thanks for watching!:th_coolio:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well done! Don't worry about that first one (closest to the tire). Mine broke on both sides but you can't tell now that its back together.

For me, I got all the other bumper clips and bolts out first and then using a pry method with a flathead got those pesky side clips off.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I embedded the video to the original post, makes it easier :)

Great job and thanks for doing this. I really wished i had this a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya its not the best video but im sure will help somebody. Didnt think taking the bumper off was hard untill theses clips, so i figured anything would help others since i didnt see anything. credit goes to all the guys who posted up how to fog installs...this is really just small piece to ensure the removal goes smoothly. Thanks for watching!!!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
A body tool set makes the job easier. I've had good luck with my blue plastic set from HF. They can take a decent amount of force, and don't scratch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know about you but I would never use anything sharp and metallic against a CLASS A plastic or fiberglass surface. Even though your not intending to rub the tool against the painted surface IT DOSENT ALLWAYS WORK OUT THE WAY you intended it to. So, have to find another way to remove the bumper cover maybe with the plastic pry tools.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts