Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a 2017 Redline and I'm trying to remove the front license plate bracket. It looks like it has metal rivets attaching it to the grill.

Has anyone removed one on a 2nd gen?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I purchased a 2017 Redline and I'm trying to remove the front license plate bracket. It looks like it has metal rivets attaching it to the grill.

Has anyone removed one on a 2nd gen?

Thanks
Depends on which state you have your Cruze registered in. Unfortunately, in CA, you have to have your front plate displayed. If you do like some folks in CA do, and display it on your dash, secure it, so it doesn't cause you or any occupants harm during an accident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My state (Ohio) no longer requires front plates effective July 1, 2020. I used a 5/32" drill bit first, then followed up with a 3/16" bit to remove the rivets. Popped right off. The receiving holes on the grill are 7/32", so they were undamaged in case the new owner of the car has to reinstall the bracket. (The car's not for sale - I love this car).

·
Registered
1 Posts
My state (Ohio) no longer requires front plates effective July 1, 2020. I used a 5/32" drill bit first, then followed up with a 3/16" bit to remove the rivets. Popped right off. The receiving holes on the grill are 7/32", so they were undamaged in case the new owner of the car has to reinstall the bracket. (The car's not for sale - I love this car).
Wait, so you just drilled the little holes and they just pop out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
they are riveted in from the factory. If you need to reinstall it, just get some fat self tapping screws and screw it into the bumper. it's plastic :)

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
they are riveted in from the factory. If you need to reinstall it, just get some fat self tapping screws and screw it into the bumper. it's plastic :)
Wait, so you just drilled the little holes and they just pop out?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourselves and your Cruze's here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts