Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for all of the discussion. I replaced the outlet and the over flow hose to recovery tank. Still the
O-ring seeps when the engine heats up. What can I do short of trying new parts again? I used AC delco parts. Very frustrted!
Did you ever figure this out? I replaced mine with the parts in this write-up (back in October) and it's leaking pretty severely where the 2 parts connect. I'm not sure which part is bad or if I just need an o-ring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for all of the discussion. I replaced the outlet and the over flow hose to recovery tank. Still the
O-ring seeps when the engine heats up. What can I do short of trying new parts again? I used AC delco parts. Very frustrted!
Did you ever figure this out? I replaced mine with the parts in this write-up (back in October) and it's leaking pretty severely where the 2 parts connect. I'm not sure which part is bad or if I just need an o-ring.
Sounds like he may have rolled/cut a seal when he was putting them together. That was my first coolant leak repair, about a year ago, the coupling between the water outlet housing and the reservoir hose was cracked. I had purchased both the housing and the hose, before doing the repair, and just replaced both, since the cracked coupling disassembled with the hose and the new one came with the housing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just did this to one of my Cruzes, worked fine no more leaks. Now the other Cruze was leaking at the top hose. I replaced it, Why GM made a double connector with 2 O-rings within 1 inch of each other is beyond me. Now it's still leaking (I think) from the sensor O-ring. I'm just going to replace the whole thing and be done with it.

I do wonder how many of these leaks are just those O-rings. Old ones are square on cross section, new are round.
I went through 2 heat up and cool cycles no leaks. Last night was colder than it's been and this morning wet all over under the junction. I think the old O-rings shrink and leak.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Old [o-rings] are square on cross section, new are round.
I'm pretty sure the old ones started out as round, and the square shape was formed into them with years of pressure and temperature :) (If you leave them in there long enough, they turn into diamonds :) )

Seriously, once removed (and re-installed), the chances of leaking go up significantly, so fresh o-rings are usually needed. The challenge is identifying the correct ones :(

Doug

21 - 24 of 24 Posts