Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i got my new fog light bulbs in. Took off the plastic on the bottom, went to turn the bulb to pull it out, and it only turns a little not enough to take the bulb out. There is like a stopper/ post type thing in the way stopping it from turning. Anyone know how to take them out.

I tried everything i could and after an hour i said screw it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's been a while since I installed mine but you may need to unscrew the mount for the bulbs if you're having a tough time getting them out. It's 3 screws on each and make sure you have Phillips screw sockets because they are not ready to get to. It shouldn't be necessary though. Should be able to unplug the wires and turn the socket to unlock the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you can blindly get the harness unhooked from the bulb then the bulb itself will twist enough to come out. I fought mine for an hour or so to get the first one out and after I saw the design the second one took minutes to replace.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts

Gosh, this was four years ago, kind of recall coating the base of these bulbs with a bit of dielectric grease, did this for the head lamps as well, silicone helps that rubber from being baked on.

If this wasn't done, in for a struggle. Have to quietly say a few dirty words to kick up your adrenaline.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, can be like my boys and ask their dad to help them.

"Dad, we can't get this loose"

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it?"

"Yeah, but its a lot easier when you do it."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts