Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if anyone has replaced the side impact airbag sensor that is located in front of the RR wheel? I found the sensor after removing the bottom of the rear seat and plastic trim piece on the outside of the RR seat airbag. The trouble is that the fastener head is located closest to the exterior of the body without any type of pocket to use a tool to loosen the fastener. I did not have any trouble removing the fastener that was located at the bottom of the B Pillar.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
All I can add if you haven't done so, is to remove the negative battery cable for at least a couple of minutes before fooling with these connectors.

No longer have a Cruze to look at.

Never had or even heard about a course how to disconnect connectors, but do know, they are a heck of a lot easier to snap together than to take apart. Try some under the dash that takes two hands and you can only get one hand up there. But no problem snapping them together with one hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick,
I disconnected the negative cable first. I sent the sensor module to a firm near Atlanta, GA to be reset but have not installed it back into my car. I just lack this one last impact sensor then the whole system will be ready to re-activate.
Gene

·
Registered
453 Posts
I need to know if anyone has replaced the side impact airbag sensor that is located in front of the RR wheel? I found the sensor after removing the bottom of the rear seat and plastic trim piece on the outside of the RR seat airbag. The trouble is that the fastener head is located closest to the exterior of the body without any type of pocket to use a tool to loosen the fastener. I did not have any trouble removing the fastener that was located at the bottom of the B Pillar.
If you mean this sensor,

Pretty sure it uses an "E" socket, like about an E5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts