Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks a lot for this write-up. I will be doing this in the next week or so after tracking down the capacitor and some connectors. I installed some Xtravisions a few days ago when I wash/waxed and notice a difference.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution

·
Registered
402 Posts
Again, this thread is full of great information! I definitely need to make a trip to Radio Shack this week. I saw some Perma- Seal Step-Down Butt Splices on a web site. They basically look like butt crimp connectors inside heat shrink tubing.

Perma-Seal™ Step-Down Butt Splice Connectors

·
Registered
402 Posts
Alright. I finally got around to installing the harness. I followed this thread and ran into 0 problems. I am most excited how I made the install look factory. I found the best place to install the relays. (Turn your screen right 90 degrees..sorry) Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car
Use the supplied metal bracket and use the hole near the driver side clip that holds the hood prop. I made it look as factory as I could. Next, loosen the screws/clips in the front plastics. You just want this loose enough to pry up to push the wires into. So fresh so clean. Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Mid-size car
Even though it's yellow, you can barely see it. It's like the harness was made just for the Cruze. Be sure to tape off the pax side socket. Auto part Wire Engine Tire Cable

The light is amazing and I am glad I went this route. Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Lighting Atmospheric phenomenon
Thank You Sciphi and XtremeRevolution. Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Lighting Auto part

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yea I ended up switching out my bulbs for the XtraVisions as well as the harness. The harness is easily routed under that plastics 'cover' and it ends up hiding it very well. Yea there is more of a definite cut-off of the lights and I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yea I wired 2 inline fuses in and a capacitor. Everything runs as should...would there be a definite clicking sound if the DRLs were wreaking havoc on the relays?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had thought maybe I lost the DRL functionality after the upgrade. While during my drive to work this morning my full headlights were on. Half way there there was enough light to kick the headlights off and DRLs came on. :eusa_clap: My buddy was impressed with the lights and he runs plug n play HID setups on multiple cars.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not sure if you checked out my install post back on page 3 I think, but it gives a great way to route the harness so it looks clean and maintains a factory look. I found a great spot to mount the relays as well. You'll definitely be impressed at the amount of light with the new harness. Good luck.

Reactions: TechCruzer

·
Registered
402 Posts
I installed the harness a little lover 10 months ago and I am still on the same set of Sylvania XtraVision bulbs. I usually only run my DRLs when it's overcast out or early morning on the way to work. With good visibility I turn the auto lights off and maybe that's why they have lasted so long. Of course now that I've made this post one will burn out tomorrow and I'll have to get the stockers out of the glove compartment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.