Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I remembered half way through to start taking photos, so I do not have photos of the lower part but there is nothing to it, just pull up and cover. For the top part I was unsure if it would work well due to the vents and not knowing how they connected. Once I pulled it off I was very happy to discover it was as simple as to clips on one side and three on the other. Again just pull the dash off and then using a flat head screw driver the five clips on each vent come off. Apply the Vinyl and reapply vents and put back in dash. Here are photos that will help show the clips.

Reactions: brkncng

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
nice job. How did you make sure not to damage the gray leather/vinyl on each side of top column part? Was getting the bottom part off tricky?

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Pink? That's bold.

I see you're doing the bow ties as well. Will we be seeing the first hot pink Cruze on the forum?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Pink? That's bold.

I see you're doing the bow ties as well. Will we be seeing the first hot pink Cruze on the forum?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There was a light blue LT near my uncle's house with pink bowties that I saw the week leading up to our So-Cal meet. Looked off on a the light blue metallic, might not look bad on white/silver/black.

EDIT: @OP, Not sure, but the picture makes the footwell lighting look purple. If thats true then I almost think you should've gone purple to keep with the color scheme :p.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
nice job. How did you make sure not to damage the gray leather/vinyl on each side of top column part? Was getting the bottom part off tricky?
I just went slow and I used a small screw driver, although a lot of people advise against a screw driver and using the plastic removal kits, but I've been pulling parts for years and always used screw drivers. The bottom was the same way they are held in by clips, I want to say there is an audio write up that goes into detail about how to remove and shows all the clip locations.

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/57-how-library/6005-silver-dashboard-trim-removal-guide.html

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pink? That's bold.

The car itself won't be pink, but the rest will be... So far a pink license plate cover,valve covers and bowties is the only pink you can see from the out side during the day, so its not bad, but its also de-badged. Alsot got pink door locks. (due to lighting and window tint they look red in this picture though."

You must not have read my Signature... "The reason for all the pink is... Its my wifes car I just get to do the work on it!" She drives it 90% of the time, I have a work vehicle that I drive for work. I would much rather be driving the Cruze than my work car though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There was a light blue LT near my uncle's house with pink bowties that I saw the week leading up to our So-Cal meet. Looked off on a the light blue metallic, might not look bad on white/silver/black.

EDIT: @OP, Not sure, but the picture makes the footwell lighting look purple. If thats true then I almost think you should've gone purple to keep with the color scheme :p.
The interior LEDs are pink, but they did come out with a little of a purple tint, but look a lot more purple in the photo due to the settings I had on the camera to get quality shots at night. I had to have lense open for almost 5 secs.

In person it is a closer match but the under car lights are a lot brighter.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure why its doing that, my photos were not links, the links were for other write ups on parts of the process. On my iPad and computer the links work fine, so I'm not sure if its the app or not. You could also search for the write up the name of the link. Let me know if there are anymore issues.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
You must not have read my Signature... "The reason for all the pink is... Its my wifes car I just get to do the work on it!" She drives it 90% of the time, I have a work vehicle that I drive for work. I would much rather be driving the Cruze than my work car though.
Makes sense, can't see sigs on the mobile app. think a pink Cruze would look cool for a chick though. Wouldn't judge you for driving it occasionally lol

For some odd reason when ever I click the links they go to random pages ill have to get on my computer to get the write up thanks.

Ok thought it was just my phone, I'll mention to admin so they can let the creator know.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If they sold a pink one, she would have wanted it and she probably would have got it. I have a motorcycle for my days off and an old beater to get around on bad days.

I didn't realize there was an app for cruzetalk, but I downloaded it and don't like it. It didn't show the photos on the app, and it was to much work trying to navigate around. Im sure if I played with it more it would be better but I like the apple web pages.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
151 Posts
How about the steering wheel? I've seen several DIYs on the center column but never one on the steering wheel. I want to do mine but I don't think it'll look right with just the center done. Thanks, looks great btw

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I actually ended up doing the gauge trim, shifter and steering wheel and it looks a lot better, I just keep forgetting to take a picture... Here is before the gauge trim was finished.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I forgot I created another thread for doing all the interior pieces and not just the center dash part, here is the link that covers how to get the steering wheel and shifter done. How to Vinyl wrap interior pieces.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The car itself won't be pink, but the rest will be... So far a pink license plate cover,valve covers and bowties is the only pink you can see from the out side during the day, so its not bad, but its also de-badged. Alsot got pink door locks. (due to lighting and window tint they look red in this picture though."
How did you take off the inside of the door lock? Did you just pull hard and eventually it came off?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.