1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Looks like the Italians could accomplish for Chrysler the Germans couldn't even do.

But what in the heck is wrong with the Americans? We were unbeatable during WW II. Feel it has something to do with greed way up on the top.

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
If you read carefully, FCA and their venture capitalist friends in Italy appears to be trying for a hostile takeover of GM. Mary Barra has declined their "friendly" bid but she may need the US Justice Department to step in to prevent FCA from doing this. FCA was originally approached by the Obama administration's task force to prevent Chrysler from going bankrupt and closing its doors. This was at the same time that GM was being restructured by the same task force.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
This color comes to mind when you state that FCA has taken over GM .............LIME GREEN 200 Cruzen ............. I sure am glad I jumped ship and bought a FORD Race Red Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost with new shoes ..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Fiat has done well with Chrysler.

I only need to go out to my garage and look at at my Chrysler 200S and compare it to the Cerebrus owned Chrysler Sebring to see that. It's the same basic architecture, but it is a very different car.

But Chrysler and GM need to remain distinctly different. The brands are better when they compete.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
To be perfectly honest or semi perfectly honest or even halfway perfectly honest . How about plain honest ?

The Challenger is the only vehichle on this planet that LOOKS GOOD in that Lime Green Paint !!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Didn't think Mary Barra had this power, has to answer to the board of directors and the stockholders. With competition was over 3,000 automobile manufacturers in the US before the great depression, after, knock those down to about a dozen.

Same thing happened in the 70's with RV manufacturers, now just a handful, same with boats. Back in the 60's, most of my neighbors were working for Nash, even purchased a Rambler to make them happy, more for the history books.

Over 3,000 now down to three, thought this was going to be cut down to one during the crunch with GM and Chrysler problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts