Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Personally If I couldn't do air ride I would do coil overs and if I couldn't do coil overs I would do springs. If I couldn't do springs I would cut stock springs.

This is in order of cost.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Depends on how much drop you're looking for. If you go with springs, Eibach's offer a decent drop at a price point of around $250. Coilovers offer more extreme drop which will tuck your wheels up into the fender nicely but you're gonna pay for that exta low.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
would you go coil overs?
It depend on 3 factors :

1. What's your budjet ?

2. How do you use your Cruze ? Daily driver ? Winter ? Where do you live ? Wanna go on a Racetrack with it ?

3. How low you wanna go ?

Personaly, im at my 3rd suspension setup on my Cruze and it changed depending on my needs. Those needs changed with the experiences i lived :

- I had the stock suspension, but i wanted to do Lapping on a Racetrack with my Cruze. So i went with Pedders Coil-overs and Extreme summer tires, with many UR bars. It took time to properly setup but when it was done, it was incredible. The Handling and the feeling was very impressive. But the problem is, its my Daily driver...

- I live in Quebec, we have very bad roads and i use my car in the Winter, so the Coil-overs were too extreme for the uses i do with my car and they broke in my 2nd Winter. Also, some UR bars were grinding the road, so i removed some of them.

- So instead of buying a new set or sending them back to Australia to be replaced, i installed stock shocks for the RS model with H&R springs. Better confort and higher ride height, it handled last winter w/o trouble, but its not perfect, so i may change things again...

I hope this informed you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts