Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every one, I have gotten interested in the CTD . I have now a VW TDI that I'll be selling back, not because I don't like it, but because the buy back offer is too good to turn down. And VW is no longer going to be selling the TDI in the states. So I've been snooping around in here to try to learn about these cars before I get one. So far it sounds like a good car other than the typical exhaust after treatment system problems. Some more than others. I found a nice 2014 with around 15,000 miles their asking 14,000 for, but I haven't sold my VW back yet. And I'd bet they would take less than 14, if I got real serious. Not sure if that's good or not?

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'd say 2014 CTD with 15K miles that costs $14,000 is a pretty good deal, someone probably paid $27,000 out the door for it when it was new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome & your input Chevraski.The salesman called me today says 1,000 off on every thing because of black Friday, did find out its a LT2 trim. Which I was told was second down from the top of the line for trim classification ?? Wow that car might have sold new around 27k!

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I just finished with a negotiation with a dealer on a '15 RS with only 25 K on the ODO and they wanted about the same 14K for it but I ended up turning them down as I already have a '12 Eco. and this was an off the cuff decision for me!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thanks for the welcome & your input Chevraski.The salesman called me today says 1,000 off on every thing because of black Friday, did find out its a LT2 trim. Which I was told was second down from the top of the line for trim classification ?? Wow that car might have sold new around 27k!
Welcome to the forum! The dealer probably owns that Cruze for $10K, so figure out what you think is a fair profit. I would probably offer $11K, especially if it's been on their lot for a while. Some dealers will deal, some won't. Make sure to check the service history to verify it's not a problematic car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for all for the feed backs & warm welcomes! I'm with you Diesel on your thinking. They did show me a car fax that was good, looked like it came from Florida. I asked how they got it, sales man told me the guy traded up to a larger diesel powered jeep. I also asked him how many other CTD'S they have, he said this is the only one. That in it's self scares me, their service dept. is probably no where up to speed on good experience on these cars. To me, I think it's a **** good price and that kind of scares me, like you mentioned being a problem child. Then again maybe not, will have to see service records.

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Thank you all for all for the feed backs & warm welcomes! I'm with you Diesel on your thinking. They did show me a car fax that was good, looked like it came from Florida. I asked how they got it, sales man told me the guy traded up to a larger diesel powered jeep. I also asked him how many other CTD'S they have, he said this is the only one. That in it's self scares me, their service dept. is probably no where up to speed on good experience on these cars. To me, I think it's a **** good price and that kind of scares me, like you mentioned being a problem child. Then again maybe not, will have to see service records.
My car is the only diesel Cruze my dealership has ever worked on, and they've always done a great job. Make sure your servicing dealership has a good diesel mechanic, and that the service dept has a good reputation and you should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts