Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I bought myself a Chevy Cruze this year and all was working great with my bluetooth etc. But every once in awhile when I am connected to the Bluetooth, it will go through all my Text Messages and notify me of all of the texts saved in my phone. It is a long list and the only way to stop it from continuing going through the list is by disconnecting my bluetooth on my phone and then reconnecting. This issues seems to be happening more and more and now happens 2/3 times that I receive a text while driving. I have brought it in to a dealership and they could not figure out what the issue was or how to correct it. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any solutions/recommendations? Other than buying an Apple Phone :)

Thanks!

Karina

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Buying an iPhone is not a solution as an iPhone is inferior to an Android device in every way. Have you already tried deleting the Bluetooth connection from your phone and re-connecting it? When it asks to allow access to your contacts, text messages, etc, say no. After using it for a bit, go into your Bluetooth settings and then check the boxes to allow it access.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I bought myself a Chevy Cruze this year and all was working great with my bluetooth etc. But every once in awhile when I am connected to the Bluetooth, it will go through all my Text Messages and notify me of all of the texts saved in my phone. It is a long list and the only way to stop it from continuing going through the list is by disconnecting my bluetooth on my phone and then reconnecting. This issues seems to be happening more and more and now happens 2/3 times that I receive a text while driving. I have brought it in to a dealership and they could not figure out what the issue was or how to correct it. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any solutions/recommendations? Other than buying an Apple Phone :)

Thanks!

Karina
Karina, I have an HTC One M9 and I added the Camaro Bluetooth PDIM to my 2012. Try using the Car Mode application on the phone. Once in Car Mode go into the Settings and turn off the "Auto Play" option. My M9 kept doing what you describe until I turned off this option. What you're describing is HTC's attempt to allow inbound text messages to be read to you in a Hands Free mode. Really annoying in my opinion.

Also, I put the Car Mode on my main start screen since I don't have the horizontal HTC car dock. You can use Car Mode without the dock - you just have to manually start it.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

Karina
Hi Karina,

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may seem, and I would be more than happy to provide some additional assistance. I see that Merc6 provided the number for our Infotainment Team to help with this situation. Feel free to give them a call at again, 855-478-7767. They are available from 8 am-10 pm EST Monday through Saturday. If you are still having some concerns, feel free to send us a private message including your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. Looking forward to your updates!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts