Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,232 Posts
Should I keep the hubcaps on or take them off?
Or does anyone have any ideas on what I can do for now, since I can't afford rims.
IMO, you should upgrade to a set of 2012-2015 Lordstown-built OEM Cruze LS wheel covers because they look a thousand times better than those fitted to the 2011 models. With a little luck you should be able to pick up a new or like-new set of four inexpensively as take-offs. Check Craigslist and run a WTB ad on CruzeTALK.

FWIW, there's also a chromed aftermarket version of these wheel covers (Hecho in China) if that's your thing, but I suggest avoiding them as they look tawdry, cheap and garish. Good luck: I really do believe you'll be quite chuffed with the look of the updated OEM hubcaps.

click image to enlarge

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I prefer the no hub cap look. However the salt from Wisconsin winters will severely rust those stock lug nuts and studs in a short time, those fake plastic lugs on the stock hubcap protect them from this happening. If your dead set on it I would buy new lug nuts that are capped like the chrome ones that come with aluminum wheels(you can buy them in black if you like).

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
2011 has the special wheel covers .. and they are not hub caps !
2012 , 2013 -and 2014 ...were the dull ones .
If I can get 18 members we all can afford new wheels . MSR 0958-9831 's nice wheels ...

·
10,711 Posts
2011 has the special wheel covers .. and they are not hub caps !
2012 , 2013 -and 2014 ...were the dull ones .
If I can get 18 members we all can afford new wheels . MSR 0958-9831 's nice wheels ...
My Girl's 11 LS has the ones you speak of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts