Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have recently plasti-dipped my emblems and it worked out great. I've looked around the web and saw a lot of people who have plasti-dipped their hubcaps or rims. Even though I plan on buying some black aftermarket rims this summer , I was wondering if the plasti-dip would be tough enough to stay on the hubcaps without peeling ( assuming I do 4 coats ) throughout the summer.

Looking for people who had their hubcaps or rims plasti-dipped, not opinions or advice on waiting till I get my rims lol.

Thanks.

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,747 Posts
I haven't plastidipped mine, but i know a few members on here have it and they are happy with it. Either way you won't have it on for long, and usually it can last a very long time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with you and that's what I'm thinking, I just wanted to see if people noticed it would chip away or not kinda thing

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was a bit of a hassle getting these specific hubcaps plastidipped with all the different angles in them but they look better then the stock for sure, been only getting compliments and have held up with a pressure washer ( light power over the tires... ) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Mid-size car

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I saw a guy come out of the car wash last week. It looked like he had dipped his stock wheels and part of it had come off. No idea if it was from car wash or not.

I suggest you paint the steelies Red or something bright to offset the black.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys if you check my previous post I've attached a picture. Long story short they look better then stock hubcaps, they would look nicer if I had skinnier hubcaps that come with a different trim of the cruze and maybe add a clear coat of plastidip but I didn't want to spend anymore money ( In canada the can is 20 dollars, went through 2 of them to spray the hubcaps...) . However, I am debating whether or not to bother with aftermarket rims ( since in Canada it's hard to find any good deals under 600 $ ... ) So it's a win win situation for me atm :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post, bought the cruze today actually. But I plasti dipped, painted, and clear coated my lexus is250 rims. lasted for almost 2 years. Just plasti dipping your rims, as long as you give it the 2-3 day cure time, it doesn't come off unless you want it to come off. (Of course there are exceptions; rocks, dings, etc. But then you peel off and start over. Pretty simple.) Been working with plasti dip for a good 3 years now on both cars and motorcycles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
plasti dipping my hubcaps and badges really changed the look of my car i get nothing but compliments. seems to go nice with the silver gray metallic. ive had it on there for 3 weeks and so far no chips at all

1 - 20 of 22 Posts