Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

my brothers GF also has a cruze and is having an issue. Regardless of fan setting no air is being blown through the vents. If she puts her hand up to the vents she can feel the heat, but it's not being pushed through the system.

I've yet to go investigate myself but wanted to take this opportunity while at work to ask the gurus here what they think.

Also I have a scanning tool, is there any measurement that I can take with it that would help?

Thanks.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,207 Posts
Pull out the cabin filter and look for an obstruction there first. There are two tabs in the glove box that pop out and let it swing down out of the way. The cabin filter box is directly behind.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Does the air blow in any direction?

·
Read Only
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've replaced my vent flap actuator behind the glove box so I'm familiar with that part of the car. I will looks for obstructions first and let you know. No air in any direction from what I've been told so far.

I'm ASSUMING it's the fan, obviously need to look at it myself first, but I don't know exactly where the fan is located or how difficult it is to get at.

PS - Sorry for posting without seeing the issue myself first hand, it's winter though and I just wanted to get a head start on getting this fixed for her. She is the mother of my nephew after all.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Didn't NckD have an issue with the fan resister block breaking?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,207 Posts
No clue. Also a possibility, the blower resistor should sit right next to the blower and receives a signal from the body control module about what setting to run the fan on.

Those have been known to burn out on other cars if the fan is trying to draw too high of a current from the resistor (if it's stuck or bearings are dry).

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's always the "sound test". If you crank the fan much above 4 - you'll hear it. If you don't, then it's time to look at the fan. If you hear the fan, then it's time to look at obstructions or uncooperative vent doors.

For the vent doors, you can try to reset the HVAC computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts