Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually stumble across the forum while trying to figure out if my 2014 Cruze LT automatic had a turbo or not(which I still don’t know. Help if you can)

i saw that that everyone seemed so nice so I say why not join a group of polite people that drive the same type of car as me. I already did my military post 8 years Active duty and still going.

i have only had Cruzela for 24hrs now we’ll just over obviously. But I really enjoy her I want to beef her up and have some fun with her so any ideas let me know.

i am also currently residing in the 757

thanks to the Cruztalk for letting me join. And I look forward to the knowledge I get from you all

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I actually stumble across the forum while trying to figure out if my 2014 Cruze LT automatic had a turbo or not(which I still don’t know. Help if you can)

i saw that that everyone seemed so nice so I say why not join a group of polite people that drive the same type of car as me. I already did my military post 8 years Active duty and still going.

i have only had Cruzela for 24hrs now we’ll just over obviously. But I really enjoy her I want to beef her up and have some fun with her so any ideas let me know.

i am also currently residing in the 757

thanks to the Cruztalk for letting me join. And I look forward to the knowledge I get from you all
Welcome! All gen 1 Cruzes LT and up have 1.4L turbo engines (eco model included). LS trim has a 1.8 non-turbo engine.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Funny thing, I didn't realize I had a turbo either when I got the car, but circled here is the location of the (small) turbo beneath that metal heat shield. The shield is held on with 3 bolts, removing it reveals the magical hamster wheel that gets our cars movin'.

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you a million now I know where to look for it. That is dope first vehicle I have ever had with a turbo. After I get back from my deployment I am definitely going to be doing some performance upgrades on Cruzela Devil

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Yes it has an intercooled turbo but it's not what you think it's for. I mean it does compress air and add power/torque to the engine but it's not intended to be sporty out the box. It's there to give you the power of a 2.0 engine with a 1.4 footprint. You can toss a few parts and a tune on and still be happy so long as your goals weren't EVO/STi ​killer. I hope they gave you the ability to set up some sort of temp high interest savings account while you are playing in the sandbox.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome to you AND Cruzela, look around and make yourself at home. Lots of great folks and info here.

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Welcome. My first one was a 2011 LS with the 1.8 did not have a turbo. After reading so much about it after joining here, made me want one (1.4 turbo vs the 1.8 FI). Since then, I am on my 4th Cruze and the last 3 had turbos. 2012 Eco. 2014 LT and now a 2013 LT/RS. That little turbo surely gives it some get up and go for the engine size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! I too am in the 757 and been with the Navy for 36 years. 20 active, 16 sand crab. Good luck on deployment, stay safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts