Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I HIT A RACOON AND IT ****** UP MY BUMPER....UNBELIEVABLE. I can post pictures in the morning. I was coming back from Six Flags Great America and just came out of NOWHERE. No time to react what so ever. Im so upset. Its gonna cost a arm & a leg to fix I bet. Anyone know what to do? Hope it still safe to drive. Am I good just taking off the whole front bumper till I can get it fixed? Cause something was dragging. I had to kinda pop it back in. :( :( :(

The first time it was in a 4 lane road and lucky I saw it and swerved just enough to hit it with my tire and didn't damage anything....BUT THIS TIME NOT SO LUCKY :(

Any advice?

Again, I'll post pictures in the morning before work.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg
Heres the pictures. Could anything else been damaged that I can't see? Is there anyway I can remove the front bumper and be okay to drive around. Because that black piece drags. :(

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Hard to give advice without knowing your insurance deductible and damage pics.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
I'd get insurance involved. Your A/C condenser is jacked up, and that alone is going to be expensive to replace. Also, the intercooler's bottom row is the same level as the A/C condenser, so that might have sustained a hit too. Between the new bumper, paint, replacing the underbody shielding, and whatever A/C damage there may be, that's looking mighty expensive.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I'd get insurance involved. Your A/C condenser is jacked up, and that alone is going to be expensive to replace. Also, the intercooler's bottom row is the same level as the A/C condenser, so that might have sustained a hit too. Between the new bumper, paint, replacing the underbody shielding, and whatever A/C damage there may be, that's looking mighty expensive.
Oh yea I totally forgot about that and if your condensor is shot then its best to change out everything that is involved with your A/C system just in case of contamination ( which is horrible to deal with) A/C jobs cab run over $1500.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to go get quotes Monday or Tuesday. Think its fine to drive shorthdistances? I did go look underneath and did see some damge to the radiator.....I think. The silver part right behind the grill. Will upload more pictures after work.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I'll have to go get quotes Monday or Tuesday. Think its fine to drive shorthdistances? I did go look underneath and did see some damge to the radiator.....I think. The silver part right behind the grill. Will upload more pictures after work.
If you don't see leaks then it should be ok. Just don't turm on you A/C and watch your tempature. (just to be on the safe side)

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Standing in front of your car looking at it its condensor inter-cooler and then radiator.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
If your inter-cooler is damaged it can allow dirt and debris into the engine. As bad as the AC condenser looks I would guess the inter-cooler is damaged just as bad. I would not drive the car at all.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
The silver than didn't look trashed. But you could till it took a hit. So a shop will know to check everything out?
In your third photo you can see the AC condenser(front) is smashed in pretty good. the inter-cooler sits sandwiched between it and the radiator. Don't know if you tested it but I suspect your AC is no longer working by the look of that condenser.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Standing in front of your car looking at it its intercooler condensor and then radiator.

It's A/C condenser, intercooler (which is why it heatsoaks so badly in the summer being sandwiched between two heat sources), radiator.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll test the AC on my lunch. Anything else I should worry about? Watch my temperature? Ill upload the close ups after work.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I'll test the AC on my lunch. Anything else I should worry about? Watch my temperature? Ill upload the close ups after work.
Why watch your temperature? Because besides damaging the AC condenser and possibly the intercooler the radiator could now be leaking/damaged too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts