Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Is this the DIC reported mpg or your pump to pump measurements? Either way it's excellent. I just reset one of my trip odometers and ran my 2012 ECO MT from Denver to Fountain CO and back, going over a 7200 ft "hill" on I-25 in both directions and my DIC reported 47.7 MPG for the round trip which should put me somewhat over 45 MPG pump to pump. The speed limit on I-25 for most of the trip is 75 and I actually averaged over 50 MPH for the trip. The route I took included about 25 miles at 65 or lower and 50 miles at 75 each way. I drove at or slightly above the speed limit the entire way. The ECO MTs appear to really like altitude.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
5 hours below 65, that takes a lot of will power!
Or a highway with a lot of bored smokies with portable hair driers. (description stolen from somewhere, but I liked it)

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Can we really assume that when the fuel pump automatically shuts off its shutting off at the exact same time it does every time we fill up ? Or is it possible for us to be putting in more or less fuel then we actually used because of the automatic shutoff ?
You can't assume that the first click off is always at the same fill level. From 20+ years of tracking pump to pump fillups, I have discovered, in descending order of importance, that speed of the fill, back pressure on the pump if it has one of those stupid ozone reducing collars, how level is your car while filling, ambient air temp and barometric pressure all impact the first click off. However, over time, it will average out.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I assume you're single. At 600 miles a day, you would have to average 75MPH for an 8 hour work day. If you enjoy it, go for it, but I would strongly recommend spending the money to get the spare tire in addition to the air pump. With the air pump you don't need to keep your spare fully inflated all the time. Half pressure should do the trick to keep the spare on its rim. If you need it, fill it up after putting it on the car. If you have the space you may want to get a full rim & spare as the donut spare really handles poorly.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
When you do, boost your octane one grade at a time. You may discover that you don't need premium.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I have discovered that mileage doesn't make as much difference as calendar age. Regardless of mileage, rubber and plastic components simply dry out. So 375 miles a day works out to between 95,000 and 100,000 miles a year. In 10 years, which in my experience is when GM (Pontiac specifically) cars start to show signs of old age this is 950,000 to 1,000,000 miles on the car.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
If you keep your windows up sunburn isn't that big of an issue as auto glass blocks most UV radiation.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Both TireRack and Discount Tire report the Goodyear Assurance Fuelmax are rated at 65,000 miles. However, Xtreme discovered that it appears that the OEM tires don't have the full 10/32 tread depth. I saw a report in another thread that someone got 38,000 out of them, which I suspect is probably on the high end simply because leases tend to end at 36,000 and this means that the leasing company and/or dealer would be on the hook for new tires before being able to resell the vehicle. As a result I suspect somewhere between 30 and 35,000 is more normal for the OEM tires on the Cruze (or any other car for that matter).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.