Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
Yea you're right I just went to play on Kentucky's version of the autobahn: I-71 between Cincinnati and Louisville. Drove Cincinnati to Louisville up I 65 to Rte50 back to Cincinnati. But if you have never been on I 71, the speed limit is 70 MPH and there is absolutely nothing out there. Ergo, in order to not get run over, you should go 80 - 85+ There was at least one time I was 100 +. I was in my LT, thinking about how my Eco would have felt/handled driving at such speeds!!! As I typically found myself doing high speeds w/o knowing about it(one of the reasons I considering to get rid of it earlier). Surprisingly, I still maintained @ 30 MPG even at such speeds in the LT!
You need an MX-5. It doesn't have an overdrive gearbox, 6th gear is a 1:1 ratio. It spins at 3,500 RPM at 75MPH in 6th gear. And you feel every bump in the road. (It's really not a good highway car as I've recently learned, but I wasn't expecting it to be)

Note: I did also notice I get better gas mileage with the MX-5's naturally aspirated 2.0L engine that absolutely HATES to be below 2,200 RPM. Must just be the way I drive, but I have to work the Cruze hard to drive the way I want. The MX-5 insists on being driven hard, but doesn't require as much drama to drive the way I want. Very weird, and I really didn't expect that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts