Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now the proud owner of a 2014 Cruze TD with just over 100,000 miles.

I already bumped up the all time best mpg to 46.8mpg over 50 miles on Monday before going in and buying it.

Tires need some more air in them...

My trip is 60/40 split up hill/down hill depending on whether I'm going to work or coming home.

I do about 10 miles rural and 5 miles urban the rest is 40 miles highway.

·
Registered
706 Posts
might i ask what you paid

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. If the timing belt hasn't been replaced probably need to think about that pretty soon. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine, have a 15 CTD with about 20 k miles.

Reactions: Merc6 and MRO1791

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats bro, welcome aboard. ?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Congrats! Post pics!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
@ Overkill: I paid just under $8770 for it. (Before taxes, and plate, title xfer, hidden fees, yadda yadda yadda) $9600 out the door.
Note that this includes a full tank of fuel, new or almost new tires, and another car wash after test driving it for the weekend before which they gave it a full detail.
Car still needs new wiper blades.

Since I live in the snow belt I'm going to get a front end alignment and winter tires put on the front in the next month.
Def tank is about 1/3 full.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Welcome...
With the diesel, I feel like I belong to a special secret club. Not many cars out there can get this kind of mileage.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it funny that when you own something you suddenly notice how many more there are on the road.

There are 2 or 3 in town and bunch of em in Grand Rapids.

I just realized Friday that the Cruze that zips by me otw home every day is a TD as well... :D

Gotta find that little green badge... :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
I find it funny that when you own something you suddenly notice how many more there are on the road.

There are 2 or 3 in town and bunch of em in Grand Rapids.

I just realized Friday that the Cruze that zips by me otw home every day is a TD as well... :D

Gotta find that little green badge... :D
I can count the other diesels I have seen on one hand, and my dad can count the number that they have had in their shop on 2 hands. Mine was the only one they sold, they dealer traded for it, it sat there forever and they lost everything but their shirts on it.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I can count the other diesels I have seen on one hand, and my dad can count the number that they have had in their shop on 2 hands. Mine was the only one they sold, they dealer traded for it, it sat there forever and they lost everything but their shirts on it.
I once followed another green-badged Cruze on the freeway (and off the freeway) just to see if it was Eco or a diesel. Sure glad it was a diesel, after all that. That's what happens when you're retired and have too much time on your hands. Heh.

Dan, do you work at a dealer? Or is it your dad? I have a question for you that I'll send via PM.

·
Registered
706 Posts
good price. yet they want 15500 plus tax to keep mine after the lease is over. DAM

·
2,170 Posts
Reactions: diesel

·
Registered
706 Posts
no to push stuff on you but I'm gonna be selling a bunch of stuff for the Cruze. including winter tires/wheels

Reactions: Aranarth

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the experience ;-)

·
2,170 Posts
Still waiting on pics :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.