Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

So I feel really stupid. My foglights aren't working at all (The light come's on on the dash when I 'turn them on' but they don't actually turn on) so I am troubleshooting as best I can and I am starting by replacing the bulbs. Since I am extremely picky I need to have the same type/ brand headlights and foglights so they appear somewhat the same or I'll have a hissy fit (you can judge me, I can take it...) However today when I tried to take out the headlamps I couldn't get the dang things to come unplugged. I slid the gray part back and pried and pried and pried some more and nothing happened, it didn't even budge like it was sealed on there. The fog lamps were much the same. Could someone have glued them on?

I have a 2015 Cruze LTZ RS

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Seems unlikely you'd lose both fogs like that. I'd check the underhood fusebox and relay.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I feel the same, all things on my cars get done in pairs, same lroducts, same time, same everything, but I don't have fog lights so I'm no help other than to validate our ocd lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
One reason why on a brand new toy, disconnect all the running lights, and coat those neoprene gaskets with silicone. If you don't do this, that rubber will bake on.

These newer headlamps have to be air tight, 65 watt bulb in there heats up and increases the air pressure that can leak out, when they cool, will suck in moisture losing light intensity. Was tight even when brand new, but also coated my 04 Cavalier with silicone, no problem even after eight years in removing them. Just like they don't give a darn.

Really had problems removing the tail light housings on my then new Cruze, held in by two phillips screws under those caps with the trunk lid opened. But had a plunger in front jammed into a rubber bushing, had to use vacuum suction cups to carefully pull those out.

Not a darn reason why they have to be this tight, opened up that rubber bushing with a drill, and coated with silicone so I could slide them out easily with my fingers. Same with the fog lamps I installed myself. Always carry spare bulbs, hear on the news, you can get shot if a tail lamp burns out. But have to be nice. In Wisconsin, the cops have the right to search your vehicle with a burnt out tail lamp. This can be very inconvenient.

Oh, those tail lamps still don't rattle. All I can say, is have fun, call this post production work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts