Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving trucks for the past 20 years, I bought my first car again. Got sick of paying crazy amounts of money just to drive to work. So I went with a shiny new 2013 Eco with the 6MT. What a surprise for my first work day, 107 miles, which cost $7, which worked out hand calculating to 51.5 MPG! One third of those miles were in pure stop and go traffic also. Which caused me to rethinking the stick choice, I'll get used to it. I only have 200 miles on it, so I'm assuming it should get better once it's broken in. I guess I can deal with the cramped feel I get for now for those kind of numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk, I am surprised that you didn't buy a diesel (tongue in cheek) as you are a truck driver? You should enjoy your savings and even driving the car once you become accustomed to driving so close to the ground.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes with that brand new cruzen !

·
10,711 Posts
Welcome and I felt like that as well. I eventually forget I am shifting so it's not as bothersome as it was going from auto to stick. Every now and then I have a brainfart looking for a clutch in other vehicles to start them.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your new ECO MT. Once your left leg gets more exercise you'll discover the ECO MT is actually quite easy to drive in stop & go traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.