Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm actually embarrassed to admit to this but I ripped the socket off for the turn signal bulb! I got replacements already but I don't remember which wires which anymore! There's black, blue and white and then purple? ImageUploadedByAG Free1446951046.462159.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
You cannot match em up ? KY Jelly em then !

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Looks like a pair of side cutters did this job, won't ask why. Enough leads on them to solder it back on to the original colors. Like sliding on heat shrink first, do neat soldering, coat the joint with RTV, slide over the shrink then heat it.

Know for the rears, entire harness can be replaced, wasn't that expensive, but dealer refused because one of the backup lamps was backwards, had to bent the tabs the other way. Never played with the fronts.

Was with this dealer and a bunch of other stuff under warranty, had to find new dealer, but forgot about this harness. Too late now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I snapped the one trying to rewire the resistor bc the splice wasn't working but had a socket laying around so figured it would be easier to just replace the whole socket but the colors are different on the socket I had laying around and I'm sure it matters which wire goes to which! I'm sure I could figure it out but thought it would be easier to ask on here!

This is similar to what I have but it has green, black, and red with yellow stripe wires! So I'm not sure which to splice to where
ImageUploadedByAG Free1447026795.507935.jpg

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I snapped the one trying to rewire the resistor bc the splice wasn't working but had a socket laying around so figured it would be easier to just replace the whole socket but the colors are different on the socket I had laying around and I'm sure it matters which wire goes to which! I'm sure I could figure it out but thought it would be easier to ask on here!

This is similar to what I have but it has green, black, and red with yellow stripe wires! So I'm not sure which to splice to where
View attachment 169106

We're not going to have any better of an idea than you would. What I ultimately would do is strip and solder the wires you have of the existing socket as there is enough wire there. But if you insist on not doing that, then you'll have to get a multi-meter or some tool to see which wire on the wire harness does what. Put on the parking lights, check each wire for current. Turn on turn signal, check each wire for a pulsing current, etc etc. Mark them then check on the socket itself which wire may lead to which terminals in the socket itself that the bulb makes contact with. Examine the old socket and take an educated guess as to which is which.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts