Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I live there are 2 chevrolet dealers. One is 5 miles away from my house, the other is 25. So obviously I go to the closest one. However they are absolutely terrible.

Some of you who have read my previous threads will already know/understand what I mean by the service I have been getting from them.

Anyway, last friday a component in the wipers failed (linkage or something) so everytime the wipers went it sounded like a loose marble in my scuttle panel. Took it in on Friday morning just after it happened and they couldn't do anything with it until Monday.
So I go in 1st thing on Monday and they didn't have anything ready or even have me booked in, so I had to spend the rest of the morning and beginning of the afternoon with no wipers. (Wouldn't give me a courtesy car) So went back for 1:30 and after an hour or so they gave it me back and all seemed well with the wipers working again.

(side note) I have no air con because its something to do with that that is causing my running problems so I take out the A/C clutch relay to solve it (rather be hot than a car that barely wants to drive and gets terrible MPG)

So its 2:30, I have a lesson at college at 2:45 so drive to college and park up in the car park very close to college in direct sunlight. My lessons finish at 4, so I came back to my car, opened the door (and get hit by the heatwave, but nothing unusual) sit down, look forwards and there is a large 2-fingered crack going up the bottom 1/4 of my windscreen directly in front of me. I go out to check its not been hit and there are no chips or anything that looks like an impact, as the crack originates at the bottom of the windscreen in the black area and seems to come from below the seal (its 1 crack right at the bottom, then splits into 2. One in the top layer of glass, one in the bottom. To me it looks 99.999% certain that the 'mecanic' (Some form of monkey) has probably dropped a screwdriver and caused the start of the crack at the bottom of my screen when taking off the scuttle panel (or something similar). As a small crack at first, when left in the heat, the screen has expanded and cracked further.

Anyway, there were no chips or damage at all in my screen before the incident.

I immediately rang the service centre up and notified them of it (at around 10 past 4) I said I could be there in 5 minutes to show them but he said he was going out so its best to bring it in the morning.
Took it in at 8AM the next morning and got the manager to take a look. He took a picture or 2 and said he'll send a report to chevrolet that should get replied to by the end of the day. So I go to work... 3pm nothing, 4pm nothing, 5pm nothing. and theyre closed. OK i'll leave it and speak to them tomorrow.

So wednesday comes, and dont hear anything all morning. I personally go down to ask about it but they've not had a reply yet. Yeah so much for urgent same day response. By this time (as a computer engineer) I was wondering why they don't just replace it? What have chevrolet got to do about the broken screen, its obviously the garages fault. When we repair a laptop and it gets damaged in transit, we just bite the bullet and replace the component. Its not the customers fault.

Anyway, thursday has been and gone now with no response and the ever growing urge to smash my car straight through the dealership windows is getting more and more prevalent.

If I get no reply from them by lunch time tomorrow I will ring chevrolet themselves and ask what the F is going on.

Definately NOT a happy customer. What a waste of £8k on a crappy pile of noisy, slow, uneconomical, problematic, unreliable peice of junk.

Next week I will be taking the cruze off the road and using my £850, 2003 Vauxhall Vectra I bought. until I can come to an arrangement with the place I bought it from to swap the pile of junk for a 520d. Atleast the vectra shows GM could make a car 10 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Ouch, rough row to hoe, Jordon. Can you tell who made the windscreen? Is the name FUYAO printed on the windshield in the lower corner? It won't likelyget your glass fixed, but I was wondering if it was the same supplier as here in the U.S.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll find out in the morning, 1AM here now :) Uk Cruzes are made in Korea, so I guess they will be the same screens that are in the rest of Europe and Asia :) Probably not the USA, as they are built in the USA aren't they?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
We have had several members from the UK here. All of them have had really crappy service experiences. It makes me wonder if GM Europe even cares.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
The US Cruze is built in Lordstown, Ohio, USA, but the windshields are made in China by FUYAO and shipped to Lordstown from a US distribution center. It's part of the 44% non-domestic content of the '13 model year Cruze. I was wondering if FUYAO also supplied to other countries.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Wow, that's rough. It's apparent to me why Europeans consider Korean-made Chevrolets "throwaway" cars like we considered Hyundai/Kia 10 years ago. With that level of service, using the car until something expensive or annoying breaks then getting rid of it starts to sound appealing. "Good riddance to bad rubbish" or somesuch.

I hope you get a reliable car at this point, even if it's not a Cruze!

Reactions: fastdriver
1 - 6 of 6 Posts