Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

I got goodies in the mail today!!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Woobachuckie 
#1 ·
4 Springs arranged neatly in a cardboard box. Excited to install them!!
Chocolate Food Furniture

See less See more
#6 ·
Spring kit for suspension, two are shorter for the front struts from left to right, left being #1, 1 and 3 for the rear, 2 and 4 for the front.

Now why did you get these? Replace broken ones, raise your Cruze a few millimeters, or lower it a couple?

Only other reason I can think of is to put all four under your gas pedal, this would definitely increase your fuel economy.

#9 ·
Depends on where you are driving your Cruze, certainly not in my neck of the woods. Less than five inches of ground clearance, with six inches of snow on the ground, Cruze ain't a very good snow plow, you ain't going anywhere.

Another major disaster besides pot holes in the roads are entries into parking lots at not even too steep of an angle, have to avoid many around here, bottom of the Cruze scrapes on road surface. 45 year old oil changing ramps sure didn't work, had to buy new low profile ones.

High end sports cars have an under vehicle cover clear from the front bumper to the rear bumper for better aerodynamics. Butchered just the engine undercover on the Cruze. So not only height, but the restrictions that produce eddy currents under the vehicle.

Cruze is indubitably an on road vehicle, and a very smooth and flat one at that.

#12 ·
Darn good time since shop labor time is 1.3 hours just to replace the entire front strut assembly just for one side. Assume you also had to use a spring compressor to remove the original spring to replace it with a shorter spring. Replacing the rear spring only on one side is easier, shop labor time is just 0.6 hours.

Certainly been a lot of TSB's on the upper strut bearing, mainly for the 2011, seems like Chevy forgot to grease them, again.

With MacPherson front suspension, single control arm, with the car one inch lower, control arm will be one inch higher. Taking the pivot point of the control arm to a right angle to the center of the tire, that center point would be moved inward increasing the negative Camber, this can be calculated, or better yet measured.

Since the lower strut bolts are fixed, can also purchase offset ones to get your camber back to zero. For my Cruze, calculated with the throw of the control arm, get side movement of the front tires of up to half of an inch every time you hit a bump! Its no wonder the front tires don't last very long, but tell you to rotate them to even out the wear.

State recently repaved a road I use a lot, even added a bicycle lane, that's nice, have yet to see bikers use it. Then afterwards, decided to dig trenches to equalize the drainage on both sides of the road by adding culverts. This was stupid, now that brand new road has low spots every several hundred feet. There goes my tires.

In my neck of the woods, guys like to buy pickups and jack them up a couple of feet, don't want to take a corner a tad too fast, will roll over. But this also looks cool.

#14 ·
Ha, then it shouldn't take you a half an hour to find the right socket or look up the torque specs like most of the rest of us.

Although another mechanic "borrowed" a socket from the mechanic assigned to working on my vehicle and it took him about ten minutes to locate it. But this was warranty work on my Cruze, so I wasn't paying the dealer 95 bucks an hour while this mechanic was searching for it.

Lowering the CG of your Cruze would certainly help speeding around corners. Tried to find the CG spec on the Cruze, stock, but still looking.

Perhaps a bit envious that you live in an area where you can lower the CG, getting a safer vehicle in the process, in particular when attempting to avoid some other idiot on the road.

Trying to figure out why 60 years ago we had such nice roads with a nickel a gallon gas tax. Well it was 2 cents a gallon, but raised it to a nickel to build an entire interstate system. This was nice, before on state roads, even federal, had to slow down to 25 mph about every five miles to go through some small town.

Today its 55 cents a gallon gas tax, and can't even repair pot holes not to mention that these roads are 60 years older. But this is getting political, so better stop here.

#15 ·
Hey 2015cruzer, can you give me the details on your kit? I want to do a proper lowering kit that's not too expensive or complicated. Or one that wont make the cruze bottom out. A lot to ask for but I drive my cruze roughly 300 miles a day on all sorts of roads.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.