Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You have more problems than just the PCV valve. A failed PCV doesn't behave this way.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
At 1,100 to 1,200 RPM the turbo isn't even engaged. I'm not sure it's even spinning. This points to the engine block.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I'm not so sure that's true. Even with the waste gate fully open, a small amount of exhaust still spins the turbine wheel which is connected to the compressor wheel. The tiny turbo spools up pretty quickly and reaches max boost in the automatic at 1850 RPM. Depending on the engine load, (IE foot down) the turbo would still provide a decent amount of boost even at only 1,100ish rpm. Even off engine load, it may not be providing any boost, but I bet it's still free spinning.
The turbo in my ECO MT doesn't start spooling until 1400 RPM. I can see the fuel economy drop right as it starts to spool. It may be free spinning but it's not providing any boost.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
joshuab - you need a different dealership - ASAP. I can see a hairline crack in the camshaft cover (PCV valve is integrated there) but it doesn't sound like this dealership takes any pride in their work. You shouldn't have another vacuum leak already and the description you gave is exactly what my Cruze did when my PCV valve failed.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I bet if you check you'll discover they have a new top guy in the service department.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
SOP = Standard Operating Procedure

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Road testing is good. It means they do not have 100% confidence in their repair strategy and are conducting validation testing.
Or they want to verify they did the job correctly. If my first dealership (Montana) had done that I wouldn't have gone through four ABS hubs. The second dealership road tested and found the real problem.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Drop in unannounced and ask to speak to the service manager. Tell them they've had your car for two weeks with no updates.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Finally - some progress.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
if I read this correctly you are on four turbos in this car? I couldn't get rid of the car fast enough. Heck you must have a tow truck driver on speed dial?
Maybe this dealership will do the job right. I'd wager the other three turbos were replaced at the same dealership. I ran into this with my Montana - kept burning out one ABS hub. Even with Pontiac engineers helping them they still didn't repair my van properly. The next time I took it to a different dealership and they found the actual problem with the Pontiac engineer recommended repair (wasn't the engineer's fault - the tech didn't do the job properly.)

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The service advisor may not have the exact seals information. It should definitely be on the paperwork. I also recommend talking to the tech to see what he found. Many times the write up is incomplete.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You have a cracked piston or cylinder. The GM rep's recommendation to do a compression test would have shown this. Go talk to the General Manager at the dealership. At this point I would most likely be talking to GM about just replacing the vehicle given that their authorized service departments are unable to fix the car.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I would put the dealership management on the hook however. This car has spent way too long there without anyone working on it. This is just plain a service department management failure.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Update : I got a call from the dealership today letting me know what they have performed on my car. They have changed the ignition coil & along w/ all 4 spark plugs & the tech test drove the car & they said it "fell flat on its face". So they took it back to the service bay & they are doing further testing & will update me soon on the next step.

So I mentioned to them to tell the tech to do a compression check to send them into another direction then they are at right now, however tho I a very happy at the moment, not that my car is messed up but for the fact they someone is finally seeing the issue & willing to check further. This has been much awaited for!

They also commented & said to me did the other dealership work on this previously & I said yeah they kept it two weeks then refused after that, & they just go oh ok & that was it. Seemed kinda strange they would bring up that, maybe they are confused as to maybe why they released the car in a OK check state & and as needless to say that wasn't the case.

But in any event I will keep everyone updated as this plays out, hopefully get this fixed soon so I can get back to enjoying my car!
Step one to getting it fixed - have the tech experience the problem.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
under is my vote. If the OP is at lordstown in a rental that would be bad. I will buy him a dinner either way if he is there. :grin:
I don't think the guys who assembled his car would be very happy either if he shows up in a rental.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Update : Well I get a call from GM advisor today & they talked to me & made sure I was happy w/ my rental & discussed to me that they spoke w/ the dealership today & had a talk & it seems they advised GM that I had "internal engine damage" - & they would know more this week coming.

I am just hanging out & awaiting - however this time things are looking more brighter then say end of last week!
This translates to "new engine".

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Laughing.... I think we may lose, as today I got a call that my car has switched "techs" now as this seems to be a more advanced issue that maybe went over the other techs head? - But that is the only update they provided me at this point so its still counting down Cruzen Vegas you may win this one after all. haha

But we still have 19 days left! Alot can happen during this time, but you know my poor car as had more techs under it then I ever seen & still not resolution done at this point!
There's gotta be a NSFW joke in there somewhere :) Sounds like you finally found a dealership and GM rep who are interested in getting your car fixed and back on the road.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
If they're going to replace the engine the dealership may have had to change techs to get your car to a tech who has done this before.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
You sir, have the patients of Job. Name the first dealership to warn other CT members away from them.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:
Done - if you don't like it let me know and I'll change it back. -Mike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.