I would have them do a compression test and make sure the results are written down on the ticket. No way an intake will cause the much oil lost.Yeah I am all set far as that goes; just wish they wouldn't ignore what I asked them regarding the compression check as well & w/ the piston issue. Do they have a standard operation far as checking compression or can that be done upon request?,
All I got to say is WOW!! They could of towed/trucked it to Lordstown and put it back on the line and replaced the engine by now.Update : Well it seems I got a call today & they are gonna be keeping it longer now, they say they are still testing it & all is good so far. So here I am :question: wondering what is actually going on here!
So no further updates then that, once I get further information I'll update here as it continues......
I don't know it just seems like a long time to keep the car. I would give them the benefit of the doubt but if you get it back and it isn't fixed I would not go back to that dealer.Well my thoughts are just as if it was the "intake manifold valve" them replacing that intake manifold road tested the car & then 3 days should have been back in my driveway. It seems I believe I am being jerked around & made up excuses personally that is my take on it. Because its hard to imagine that only the intake manifold was bad & a road test keep it over a week - does this sound off to you & I am being give the run around about this?
Wow I didn't know a dealer can just do that and give up. I never heard of that before now. I guess take it back to the dealer where you bought the car.Update : Well after getting GM into the mix of this situation; I get a call from my case worker at GM, & it seems they have refused to accept my car back for further repairs. However I was gone at the time of the message I call the dealership w/ my cell to make appointment to get it back in there for further repairs, well I get to talk to the service manager who was very rude to me & just said take it back to the original dealer & don't bring it back there the only thing he didn't do is tell me the F off, which that might have been more respectful then the ear full I got from them
Now regarding the car Robby, well the smoking has nearly quit. However it still comes out randomly & the ratting / pinging seems to have slowed down - however the power loss is still there - The rattle or pinging whichever it decides to do at the time is still there. Now I am for sure getting a leak at the throttle body onto the transmission case, & there is a small leak somewhere under the car which is oil because when I moved my car out of the driveway this morning there is a small puddle about side of a quarter there. & the car has only consumed a quart of oil in 38/miles today.
Question ). If the car had to get the accumulated oil out of the intercooler wouldn't that have been all burned out during the 150 miles they test drove my car on?
So I have now contacted another dealership that is gonna take my car in for inspection & repair this week coming; so what do you think w/ these issues here that have slowed down - should I still get a compression check? Do you think this is still possible cracked pistons?
If you have an american made 2014 cruze 1 LT I am about 99% sure you have a turbo.Update: Well I was at the dealership today & spoke w/ the nice lady's at the front service desk about my Cruze, well they mentioned to me the same on the phone w/ the 0 compression on the Cylinder #1 - & they said they had to get GM techs a call to discuss the next phase of what is next?, Shouldn't GM just go ahead & say hey tear the engine down for further investigation or what? Just a bit confused why they need to call GM techs to get approval I am guessing right?
Then once they explained the best they could which hey at this point I have gotten more then I EVER got at the other dealership! Then they put me in a really nice 2014 Cruze LT - its not the Turbo but hey it runs nice! - So I am just hanging out and waiting now.
I am seriously considering trading in on a new GEN 2 Cruze maybe later on end of next year or so - not really sure yet tho, kinda attached this car I really like it as most have already gotten from me from the beginning of this lol.
Man I would hope GM at this point would just replace the car and upgrade you to an LT2 or LTZ for all your trouble. At least I would think they would do that if they want to keep you as a customer.Yeah it seems a bit slow & today has came & gone & yet to hear anything from the dealership, I can say my patience is wearing out here w/ this. Apparently I am not being kept updated properly & this point I am shaky & have no faith in any of these dealerships now after my last two month experience they are all seeming the same to me.
I would love to see 1 of these options #1 & #3 - because #2 where they are replacing my engine w/ another rebuild engine I wouldn't be happy about this option & would tell GM & the dealership how unhappy I would be w/ that option. Because I don't want someone else rebuilt engine in my car - I bought this car brand new & it had a new engine - & so my perfect resolution would be replace my engine w/ a new one or rebuild my current engine ( if repairable );
Well as this saga continues I'll update everyone.....
Update : Well I got my car back today & it seems to be running smooth & most importantly no leaks! Well here is what the issue they found :
Compression check found Piston #2 & #4 with ring landings broke. Correction was replacing all pistons - below is quoted what all they did
So it seems all Pistons was changed & it sure feels much better the car does & the cleanness is great, you cannot tell they was even under the hood of the car. I am well impressed w/ the service this time.