Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
181 - 200 of 307 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Or at least the engine.
This is the desired solution I am hoping from in the end result. I will take them rebuilding my engine however I personally don't trust this motor anymore. I am gonna see if the GM advisor can escalate the matter higher up to get a new engine sent down to the dealership & just do a complete swap. Which that would resolve the matter altogether!

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Our Cruzes don't have a low coolant indicator or even a low oil light light probably..Why keep bailing them out...If it was my sisters car it would have a new engine by now!!
You are right I don't think mine has a indicator or even a low oil light indicator either, however it doesn't make it right tho wouldn't you agree?, Its like you know stealing isn't right but we do anyhow where is the justification there? Maybe I have a block there I just cannot seem to do anything wrong, its not a matter of "bailing them out" I just feel I want to be honest & send my car to them & hopefully they will stand up & be honest & do the right thing.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Update : I haven't heard anything on my car as of today & it has gone, so maybe tomorrow I will hear something on the Cruze & hopefully they have found the primary cause of my issue & then we can get to that next mile marker on getting it finally resolved.

I was looking back at my service records & see I initially took it in for service on the "throttle body" oil leaking out of it & that was 1/29/16 - so here it is 3/28/16 & its been in out & out of the shop since then.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,784 Posts
I think I'd be calling them every day and asking for an update at this point...this is ridiculous.

Our Cruzes don't have a low coolant indicator or even a low oil light light probably
Most cars don't. I haven't seen a low oil light since the 1990's...99% of them are oil pressure lights. Low coolant lights aren't that common either, but they are helpful.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
I think I'd be calling them every day and asking for an update at this point...this is ridiculous.

Most cars don't. I haven't seen a low oil light since the 1990's...99% of them are oil pressure lights. Low coolant lights aren't that common either, but they are helpful.
Yeah I am planning a call tomorrow to see where we are at w/ this issue. What blows my mind is pick the car up Thursday evening at closing ( Service Dept. ) & before 3PM the next evening it's on a tow truck back on its way to the dealership! This is insane I must agree, so this saga continues & as its unfolds & I find out more I'll keep everyone updated on this seem to never ending story of the bad Cruze engine ha.

·
2,170 Posts
Yeah I am planning a call tomorrow to see where we are at w/ this issue. What blows my mind is pick the car up Thursday evening at closing ( Service Dept. ) & before 3PM the next evening it's on a tow truck back on its way to the dealership! This is insane I must agree, so this saga continues & as its unfolds & I find out more I'll keep everyone updated on this seem to never ending story of the bad Cruze engine ha.
So sorry to hear this is still an issue. I'd seriously be down at the dealer every single day talking to every single person there. Talking about how my car isn't done, and talking about politics, and talking about religion, and talking very loud. I would be so obnoxious and in their face that they would want to get me out. Not in a rude disrespectful way, just a very annoying way. And unless it was resolved in a way I decided was fair, I would continue to wreak havoc until the end of time. A car is the second largest financial investment you make next to a mortgage in your life. It's a vast expense, and it's the dealers responsibility to make sure their customer is satisfied and has a quality product.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
So sorry to hear this is still an issue. I'd seriously be down at the dealer every single day talking to every single person there. Talking about how my car isn't done, and talking about politics, and talking about religion, and talking very loud. I would be so obnoxious and in their face that they would want to get me out. Not in a rude disrespectful way, just a very annoying way. And unless it was resolved in a way I decided was fair, I would continue to wreak havoc until the end of time. A car is the second largest financial investment you make next to a mortgage in your life. It's a vast expense, and it's the dealers responsibility to make sure their customer is satisfied and has a quality product.
laughing..... That would be a good idea but that is just funny how you said that.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Update : I just finally decided to call the dealership since I hadn't heard anything since Friday when it was towed to them. So I got on the phone w/ the advisor & they informed me that my car won't be checked until about Friday! So I am starting to finally say for the record I am getting frustrated & starting to get to the end of my patience's, due to the fact that it was released on Thursday & obviously it wasn't fixed - because as stated in one of my previous replies the engine light came on 15miles down the road & I send it back to them the next day & now I am sorta in the back of the line waiting for repair, not cool not cool at all!

So basically my car is over there sitting in line to be 'checked' hopefully Friday! Which will be a week sitting there! Starting to snap the last thread of patience's here & its wearing really thin!

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I wonder if the tech is out of town?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I think I would make a physical visit and start complaining and let them know exactly how you feel about it? A week before they even look at the car is insane when they had the car before and didn't repair it. I would be pushing for a more permanent solution, two months in the shop and you still have a car that doesn't function.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
A week before they even look at the car is insane when they had the car before and didn't repair it.
Granted, you didn't have an appointment for the return, but, they really need to be doing a better job of working you in. The comment about someone on vacation (or sick) is certainly a possibility.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Granted, you didn't have an appointment for the return, but, they really need to be doing a better job of working you in. The comment about someone on vacation (or sick) is certainly a possibility.
A chevrolet dealership has a management team that could determine a better solution for this young man, this idea that it takes weeks to get the dealership to do a compression test is just unacceptable I think the op is a great guy but I think he isn't tough enough and they perceive him as patient and weak and that is part of the reason it's been in the darn dealerships for two months, get in there and fight to get the car repaired for good instead of this BS. Go in there and get it done. If not sell the car and be done with it. The old saying is the squeaky wheel gets the grease or oil, sometimes you have be the squeaky wheel. Having said that I am not piling on the OP. There is no darn way I would have a car that under warranty go thru 4 turbos and then still have a car that in its current state doesn't work.

What good is any car that in in the shop with chronic problems for two months?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Well The reason they gave was this, that the tech that was working on my car previously they wanted to use him as he has my details & issues that are wrong w/ my car. Well he is currently tied up doing a major repair on another car is booked but they said hopefully by the end of the week.

However at this point I understand they are busy & I am gonna give just abit more patience's as this seems logic & I want to think they are doing me right, however if I experience one more issue from them I am gonna blow my top & someone is gonna get a ear full!

Even when I type that it sounds mean & I don't like to be that way, but I guess sometime that is what it takes is to be firm & don't give no slack huh?

·
Registered
239 Posts
When I had my issues I came in with data, confidence & reference numbers all written down. They took my concerns seriously & I got excellent service. Check engine light should give them a clue as to what the issue is. Ask them what the codes are. Mine was a misfire in the cylinder with verified low compression which backed up my concern. I also referenced the below #PIP5036 and that got their attention as well.

#PIP5036: Possible Oil Consumption With Cracked Piston Or Pistons - (Jun 25, 2012)
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1...lly-admitting-there-problem-1-4l-pistons.html

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Well The reason they gave was this, that the tech that was working on my car previously they wanted to use him as he has my details & issues that are wrong w/ my car. Well he is currently tied up doing a major repair on another car is booked but they said hopefully by the end of the week.

However at this point I understand they are busy & I am gonna give just abit more patience's as this seems logic & I want to think they are doing me right, however if I experience one more issue from them I am gonna blow my top & someone is gonna get a ear full!

Even when I type that it sounds mean & I don't like to be that way, but I guess sometime that is what it takes is to be firm & don't give no slack huh?
I know you have been patient and I believe your patience will be rewarded.......It (so far) is clear to me this dealer is smart.
You always want the comeback assigned to the tech that was last on the car......only he/she knows what steps have taken place to resolve your concern.

If the car goes to another mechanic, it is the same as if you changed repair shops (again).....the entire diagnostic process must restart.

I might add, there is a fair to good chance the mechanic has instructed the service people he wants your car assigned back to him/her.
Good mechanics tend to want to see that their efforts are successful and almost take it personally when a comeback shows up (I know I sure did).

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
What makes folks think this tech is so good? He or she sent a car out and didn't even get the OP home in good working order.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
What makes folks think this tech is so good? He or she sent a car out and didn't even get the OP home in good working order.
Not saying the tech is good or bad......the OP found the car ran well for the first section of his ride home......obviously the tech. had the same experience.
Since none of us have a crystal ball, the future of the service success was unknown.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Not saying the tech is good or bad......the OP found the car ran well for the first section of his ride home......obviously the tech. had the same experience.
Since none of us have a crystal ball, the future of the service success was unknown.

Rob[/QUOTE

i am certain you know more about engines and how to repair them than I do. I just don't get not doing a compression test on this car when it has such chronic problems and it is using oil. Why replace all of the other stuff it has a bad cylinder that is causing it to use a lot of oil.

Reactions: obermd
181 - 200 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.