Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
261 - 280 of 307 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
halfway there boys!!
Update : Yep, & no end in sight at this point, I got a call out to the dealership this morning; & they mentioned to me they haven't finished a "full diagnostic internal engine check"

Shortly after the call to the dealership, GM follows up w/ me mentioning they have been talking w/ the dealership back & forth all week discussing the issues that are wrong, & as the dealership mentioned to me GM told me basically the same & wanted to make sure I am still enjoying my rental & if I had any further issues which I think is very awesome!

So as it sits right now I am still w/ the same issue "internal engine damage" & waiting further details on what the resolution is gonna be. So once I hear more I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
My guess is that this is costing someone somewhere a fortune.

I wonder what penalty will be assessed of the first dealership who could not effect a repair?

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
I wonder what penalty will be assessed of the first dealership who could not effect a repair?
My guess is at worst it would be some hours would be deducted. It's not like they caused the engine to fail.

I'm guessing they may be having problems scaring up another engine, or they're trying to protect the supply they have left. I'm not sure why else the decision would take so long.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
They can actually set a penalty on the prior dealership for this mistake?; But oh well to that I don't feel sorry for them! But you know what guys/gals my car is finally on the road to repair, usually by now I would be picking it up to be sent right back. So again any progress is great for me at this point & getting good updates from GM directly is a plus having them calling some shots at the dealership, a resolution is soon hopefully.

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
They can actually set a penalty on the prior dealership for this mistake?;
I'd imagine there is a way - if they want to pursue this. I could see that happening if GM felt the dealer was completely inadequate in their troubleshooting.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
I'd imagine there is a way - if they want to pursue this. I could see that happening if GM felt the dealer was completely inadequate in their troubleshooting.
Well I am pretty sure they was inadequate in there troubleshooting that is for sure. This car has been in the shop there previous one too many times & I have mentioned to them to do a compression check & it was just like talking to a wall, it just never got done. But I will not trash the dealership as they have did some really great work for me & took very good care of my car including being very clean which is a plus for me.

But that all being said, & I say this honestly if my car broke down at the gas station across the road from them, I would pay whatever it took to get it towed the next nearest dealership, I wouldn't let them do anything else for me. This is one customer they have lost for good.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I am happy that this car getting repaired is making progress, all I can say is if this were my car I would sell the sob so fast it wouldn't even be funny. Any car that is a common car like a Cruze that takes 3-4 months to get it going again is not a car I would ever own. It doesn't take over a week to find a solution for the OP. He is a customer and instead of identifying what the other dealer may have done wrong, fix the darn car and give it back to him. I don't personally find either dealership or GM in this case very appealing. Ok so maybe I am a little upset I made the wrong bet on this car getting repaired by the end of the month. At this pace it might be the Fourth of July. :grin: Hope the OP likes the rental car, in my opinion if he likes it they should give it to him.

Reactions: jsusanka

·
2,170 Posts
Start using the word attorney when you're referring to who you're going to call next about getting your issue fixed.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I agree with Cruzen Vegas......

It took my dealer less than 2 days to diagnose cracked piston and damaged valve on my cruze at 3000 miles, told me they didn't know how long the repairs would take. Got off the phone with them, called Chevy customer service and ended up getting a call back later from some regional CS guy. Ended up with lots of useless phone calls back and forth but the car was repaired fully and back to me with a new engine, turbo, & intercooler in exactly 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
This would sure turn me off from buying another GM product at all from where you live. Ridiculous.
What good is a warranty if in 2016 the Cruze has spent more time in a dealership than being driven? I am shocked by how this drags on? it doesn't take weeks to identify the problem and a solution. The dealership and GM would be hearing from my attorney if this was my car. Just calling and saying we are working on it and how is your rental is nothing short of shameful.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
8,012 Posts
Start using the word attorney when you're referring to who you're going to call next about getting your issue fixed.
Robbie has cautioned against that in the past. As soon as you bring one into the picture, the attorneys on both sides will have to work something out before the rest of the system will do anything. It's likely to actually prolong the problem, unless the desired result is cash, not a car.

If your car had like 10,000 miles on it, it would of got fixed a long time ago, it because it has 99,999 miles on it that they are lagging...
100K doesn't excuse them. The complaint happened before that time and never was resolved. The clock is stopped for this problem. Even after it's fixed, I'd expect some kind of warranty on the repair. Maybe only 30-60 days, but something longer than just until closing time.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
If your car had like 10,000 miles on it, it would of got fixed a long time ago, it because it has 99,999 miles on it that they are lagging...
The car has a little over 63K miles not 99K - now regarding getting attorneys into the mix just isn't what I am gonna do for this matter it just simply complicates things further. My only concern is getting my car fixed to where its fully reliable.

Now the car is continued to be covered for up to 4 more years on the engine as this seems to where the issues continue to occur - I feel GM has really stepped up for me by providing this CCL ( Component coverage letter) to help fix anything on this engine that may go wrong in the future.

So the bottom line to all this for me is getting my car fixed & back in my driveway w/o all the hassle. I do think tho this has carried on way to long & is kinda unacceptable in one hand & in the other hand I do understand there is more cars needing repaired then just mine so I do try to be patience & understanding.

So let's see how this plays out shall we.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
The car has a little over 63K miles not 99K - now regarding getting attorneys into the mix just isn't what I am gonna do for this matter it just simply complicates things further. My only concern is getting my car fixed to where its fully reliable.

Now the car is continued to be covered for up to 4 more years on the engine as this seems to where the issues continue to occur - I feel GM has really stepped up for me by providing this CCL ( Component coverage letter) to help fix anything on this engine that may go wrong in the future.

So the bottom line to all this for me is getting my car fixed & back in my driveway w/o all the hassle. I do think tho this has carried on way to long & is kinda unacceptable in one hand & in the other hand I do understand there is more cars needing repaired then just mine so I do try to be patience & understanding.

So let's see how this plays out shall we.
what good is a warranty letter that the car has been in the shop for almost 90 days and there still isn't a solution to the problem? GM has failed miserably here. The cost to GM to provide towing and car rental is outrageous. No wonder the government had to bail GM out with our taxpayer money. glad you are happy with the situation. I am done reading and commenting on this thread. The more I read the more disappointed in GM I get.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Sorry Joshuab, I meant 4 Years and 364 Days!!.... BTW 12 more Days!!
We still may win this after all, haha! But we shall see if there work is slow as there diagnostic we may lose! Also now they mentioned they are replacing all 4 pistons & bearings, does this usually include rods as well or do they use the same rods?

261 - 280 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.