Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
281 - 300 of 307 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Update : Well I got my car back today & it seems to be running smooth & most importantly no leaks! Well here is what the issue they found :

Compression check found Piston #2 & #4 with ring landings broke. Correction was replacing all pistons - below is quoted what all they did

- Coil Qty 1
- Spark Plugs Qty 4
- SEAL Qty 1
- Spark Plugs Qty 4
- Pistons Qty 4
- Gasket Qty 1
- Gasket Qty 1
- Bolt Qty 12
- Tensioner Qty 1
- Bolt Qty 8
- Sealant Qty 1
- Filter Kt Qty 1
- Dexos 5W30 Qty 5
- Nut Qty 2
- DexCool Qty 1
So it seems all Pistons was changed & it sure feels much better the car does & the cleanness is great, you cannot tell they was even under the hood of the car. I am well impressed w/ the service this time.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Bout dayum time!

Almost want to say congrats on your new Cruze!

Rob
This has been a huge relief & glad its finally over the car runs as if it was new! Plenty of power & smooth; so lets hope this last & I don't have any further issues & I can well exceed over 100,000 miles on this cruze before trading it in. :)

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
This has been a huge relief & glad its finally over the car runs as if it was new! Plenty of power & smooth; so lets hope this last & I don't have any further issues & I can well exceed over 100,000 miles on this cruze before trading it in. :)
I think you'll be fine.........avoid the first dealer at all cost.

Rob

BTW......you are breaking in a essentially new engine......be gentle for 500 miles.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 · (Edited)
So, all the ones who to took the "under" bet won? :grin:

Congrats of the fix.
Yep we won this one! Yo @Cruzen Vegas you lost this one! lol :) Well you know I am very excited w/ the out come of this whole ordeal But after looking back & reading from the original issue date & w/ the prior dealership refusing or ignoring my request whichever it is for the compression test if they would have did this from the initial complaint I don't think I would have to experience such a stressful time. However on the other hand, I am delighted that I had to switch dealership to get this fixed because this showed me how this previous dealership was & how they would bail on me when a major issue would occur. So this new dealership was awesome & took awesome care of my car & done the job that the other dealership couldn't! Which says a lot for them in my book anyhow & I see all my future maintenance and repair work with them.

So the saga is finally over & I couldn't be happier. & I want to give a huge thank you to all of you that provided awesome feedback & suggestions. & I have learned a lot of knowledge as this whole ordeal played out.

I will also report back on this thread in a week or so to make sure all is still going smooth! Now its time to get back to enjoying my Cruze!

·
2,170 Posts
I just wanted to post up a couple quick pics I took of my car, this is before its bath that its gonna get tomorrow. This is my Cruze!

View attachment 191074 View attachment 191082

This is what I've been waiting for. Closure. A good relief for my empathy. VERY glad you have your Cruze back and you're pleased with it's performance so far. Now you can goof off, talk about nothing, and make jokes like the rest of us on here! Looks great! I'm jealous of that sweet sun-roof.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
You sir, have the patients of Job. Name the first dealership to warn other CT members away from them.

·
2,170 Posts
I really really would like to think it'll be under. However, I am not optimistic given what I have read so far so if I were to actually bet money, I'd bet over. :( Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Either way, I'm glad some action is happening, and even more glad we're getting frequent updates. At this point, even I am invested in this story, and I want a happy ending!
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken. Now there's proof. I was mistaken again.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Congrats to the OP, I think your patience and everything is nothing short of amazing. I was sometimes critical and I probably shouldn't have been, I wish you many happy miles in your Cruze, you deserve it for sure. Maybe he should get some some sort of loyalty badge? :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
239 Posts
This thread has convinced me that this Forum is a bad place to get advice. Too many experts who get it wrong too often. Poor joshuab gets told it is definitely a cracked piston or a sensor or the turbo but all along, he is giving us the classic signs of a messed up PCV system, which is a bit more complicated on a turbo charged engine than a normally aspirated engine. Then the foolishness starts about max "whatever" with the turbo at some low rpm for the automatic and some slightly different max "whatever" for the turbo with a manual shift setup. Why are we talking about max anything at 1850 rpm on a gasoline engine. Maybe on a big diesel. Your turbocharger starts to "spool up" (as pointed out by obermd) at probably 1850 rpm and then at some higher rpm (5000 maybe?) it is spinning at somewhere between 90,000 and 150,000 and giving max boost. joshuab - it is obvious you have Bad Karma and you need to get right with it. Volunteer at a Food Pantry or a Soup Kitchen or something like that and your karma will change to the positive. I am leaving this forum (I will figure out how to delete my account after I finish this post) and the people I will miss the least are NickD with his useless drivel about the past and XtremeRevolution with his dangerous posts about using any oil in your Cruzes that don't have the dexos certification. What's the big deal about this - just use dexos oil!! And oh, by the way, the main reason I am leaving this forum is that I don't have a Cruze anymore. Adios from the Eastern Panhandle of Tennessee.
Too bad this fella didn't stick around to see that it actually was cracked pistons...

Glad to see your car is back in action. Let's hope you don't have round two on cracked pistons like me!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,531 Posts
Called it! Glad to hear that your car is back and running well after all this...finally!

Too bad this fella didn't stick around to see that it actually was cracked pistons...

Glad to see your car is back in action. Let's hope you don't have round two on cracked pistons like me!
Were yours the same ones that were replaced, or others that were original failed later on down the line?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Were yours the same ones that were replaced, or others that were original failed later on down the line?
First time they replaced #1 cylinder piston, rings and rod bearing due to scoring along with a 2nd design cylinder head. 7k miles later piston #3 cracked and they replaced the entire engine assembly due to cylinder wall scoring. I have just over 6k miles on the new engine and still going strong!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Update : Well I got my car back today & it seems to be running smooth & most importantly no leaks! Well here is what the issue they found :

Compression check found Piston #2 & #4 with ring landings broke. Correction was replacing all pistons - below is quoted what all they did

So it seems all Pistons was changed & it sure feels much better the car does & the cleanness is great, you cannot tell they was even under the hood of the car. I am well impressed w/ the service this time.

Glad they finally got your issue resolved.

Here's hoping my pistons live a long and boring life because I am no longer under the power train warranty.:)

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Just updating Cruze is still doing awesome; its smooth & plenty of power! Yeah my main Powertrain warranty is gone as well. I still got my CCL letter head if something goes wrong; however I feel a bit shaky w/ that letter they may come up w/ some type of excuse on repairing using this letter - what do you guys/gals think? Has anyone done a claim on a CCL ( Cover Component letter ) for the engine?

Also the dealership I would advise everyone to stay clear of - they are good for minor things but if things gets tough they fold & they are Rameys North Tazewell VA

First time they replaced #1 cylinder piston, rings and rod bearing due to scoring along with a 2nd design cylinder head. 7k miles later piston #3 cracked and they replaced the entire engine assembly due to cylinder wall scoring. I have just over 6k miles on the new engine and still going strong!
What signs should I look for **IF** it should start again did yours just start duplicating the same issues as it did prior to your first time? Fingers are crossed this doesn't happen again because I doubt my patience's would handle anything further w/ this car! LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:
Done - if you don't like it let me know and I'll change it back. -Mike.

281 - 300 of 307 Posts