Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Just updating Cruze is still doing awesome; its smooth & plenty of power! Yeah my main Powertrain warranty is gone as well. I still got my CCL letter head if something goes wrong; however I feel a bit shaky w/ that letter they may come up w/ some type of excuse on repairing using this letter - what do you guys/gals think? Has anyone done a claim on a CCL ( Cover Component letter ) for the engine?

Also the dealership I would advise everyone to stay clear of - they are good for minor things but if things gets tough they fold & they are Rameys North Tazewell VA

What signs should I look for **IF** it should start again did yours just start duplicating the same issues as it did prior to your first time? Fingers are crossed this doesn't happen again because I doubt my patience's would handle anything further w/ this car! LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:
I believe you have no concerns since all 4 pistons were replaced (updated design).

Rob

·
Registered
239 Posts
What signs should I look for **IF** it should start again did yours just start duplicating the same issues as it did prior to your first time? Fingers are crossed this doesn't happen again because I doubt my patience's would handle anything further w/ this car! LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:
Yeah, same issues. I was driving 70 mph on the highway with the cruise set and all of a sudden it started slowing down (losing power) and then started stuttering and blowing smoke. No CEL that time. I got it home and checked the compression. This time #3 had 100 PSI. You should be fine though since all 4 were replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2016 LS with 500 miles is now making a metallic rattling sound sometimes when I accelerate. I took it to the dealer for a recall fix on the battery and mentioned it to a service advisor. He told me everything was fine because it passed a multi-point inspection. I'm trying to catch the sound on video but no luck just yet. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
My 2016 LS with 500 miles is now making a metallic rattling sound sometimes when I accelerate. I took it to the dealer for a recall fix on the battery and mentioned it to a service advisor. He told me everything was fine because it passed a multi-point inspection. I'm trying to catch the sound on video but no luck just yet. Any advice?
Catch it on video.

Plus check for something loose in your console / glove compartment / door panels.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
You'd be better off to start your own thread rather than piggybacking on this one. You might call it "Rattling sound on acceleration 2016 LS". You will likely get more help and advice that way.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts