Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
ChevyGuy is spot on.

From this point forward the dealer is actually the consumer.......they will be told what steps to take and report findings.
A cost to repair analysis will take place by Chevy and the dealer is then instructed on how to proceed.

So far (finally) it appears you have found a dealer that is well versed in the policy and proceedures of the corporation.

Now it just plays out.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
This has been a huge relief & glad its finally over the car runs as if it was new! Plenty of power & smooth; so lets hope this last & I don't have any further issues & I can well exceed over 100,000 miles on this cruze before trading it in. :)
I think you'll be fine.........avoid the first dealer at all cost.

Rob

BTW......you are breaking in a essentially new engine......be gentle for 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Just updating Cruze is still doing awesome; its smooth & plenty of power! Yeah my main Powertrain warranty is gone as well. I still got my CCL letter head if something goes wrong; however I feel a bit shaky w/ that letter they may come up w/ some type of excuse on repairing using this letter - what do you guys/gals think? Has anyone done a claim on a CCL ( Cover Component letter ) for the engine?

Also the dealership I would advise everyone to stay clear of - they are good for minor things but if things gets tough they fold & they are Rameys North Tazewell VA

What signs should I look for **IF** it should start again did yours just start duplicating the same issues as it did prior to your first time? Fingers are crossed this doesn't happen again because I doubt my patience's would handle anything further w/ this car! LOL - also yes IndyDiesel is right give me a loyalty badge :grin:
I believe you have no concerns since all 4 pistons were replaced (updated design).

Rob

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.