Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 307 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Checked my paper work, it seems they changed the cover & drove it 7 miles w/o issue. Is this something that could just blow that quickly again?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Checked my paper work, it seems they changed the cover & drove it 7 miles w/o issue. Is this something that could just blow that quickly again?
Sure....the PCV diaphram fracture gives no warning.....it just, uh, fractures........some, so far, are doing just fine (probably the majority).

Just was your turn.

Rob

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Unfortunately for me huh Robby, so I think its best to tow it or do you think it will make it & get some oil to go w/ me? What do you suggest Robby?

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Unfortunately for me huh Robby, so I think its best to tow it or do you think it will make it & get some oil to go w/ me? What do you suggest Robby?
How far (miles) is the shop?

Less than 15.....top off the oil and run for it.
More than that.....call the dealer, let them arrange the tow.....it is their fowl up.....you shouldn't have to do more than call.

Odds are as stated above.....they pinched or rolled the gasket.....it is a 'O' ring type that sits in a channel of the cover.....very easy to dislodge during assembly.

Sounds like the dealer tried to do right by you though......sadly, we all blow it from time to time.....you know, the 'Good Intentions' thing.

Rob

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh of course no foul to the dealer, they did a nice job on cleaning my ride really nice engine bay and all. Plus hey we are human we make mistakes & plus things happen part of life! So now its more then 15 miles I am 26+ miles away from dealer.

Now to give a better detail on what is happening I noticed on the back of the cam cover toward the passenger side there is a small look like rubber flap hanging out just slightly under the cover & oil is all located to that side only, not the driver side at all, I won't touch anything as I am no savvy car worker - so just mainly looked around for the spot its leaking from & that is the only location I see.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
In this case I think a tow is the better option.......as it is, there likely is quite a mess to clean up and, although unlikely, the potential for a oil fire needs to be considered.

Good luck!
Rob

·
Registered
109 Posts
This thread has convinced me that this Forum is a bad place to get advice. Too many experts who get it wrong too often. Poor joshuab gets told it is definitely a cracked piston or a sensor or the turbo but all along, he is giving us the classic signs of a messed up PCV system, which is a bit more complicated on a turbo charged engine than a normally aspirated engine. Then the foolishness starts about max "whatever" with the turbo at some low rpm for the automatic and some slightly different max "whatever" for the turbo with a manual shift setup. Why are we talking about max anything at 1850 rpm on a gasoline engine. Maybe on a big diesel. Your turbocharger starts to "spool up" (as pointed out by obermd) at probably 1850 rpm and then at some higher rpm (5000 maybe?) it is spinning at somewhere between 90,000 and 150,000 and giving max boost. joshuab - it is obvious you have Bad Karma and you need to get right with it. Volunteer at a Food Pantry or a Soup Kitchen or something like that and your karma will change to the positive. I am leaving this forum (I will figure out how to delete my account after I finish this post) and the people I will miss the least are NickD with his useless drivel about the past and XtremeRevolution with his dangerous posts about using any oil in your Cruzes that don't have the dexos certification. What's the big deal about this - just use dexos oil!! And oh, by the way, the main reason I am leaving this forum is that I don't have a Cruze anymore. Adios from the Eastern Panhandle of Tennessee.

·
Registered
319 Posts
this thread has convinced me that this forum is a bad place to get advice. Too many experts who get it wrong too often. Poor joshuab gets told it is definitely a cracked piston or a sensor or the turbo but all along, he is giving us the classic signs of a messed up pcv system, which is a bit more complicated on a turbo charged engine than a normally aspirated engine. Then the foolishness starts about max "whatever" with the turbo at some low rpm for the automatic and some slightly different max "whatever" for the turbo with a manual shift setup. Why are we talking about max anything at 1850 rpm on a gasoline engine. Maybe on a big diesel. Your turbocharger starts to "spool up" (as pointed out by obermd) at probably 1850 rpm and then at some higher rpm (5000 maybe?) it is spinning at somewhere between 90,000 and 150,000 and giving max boost. Joshuab - it is obvious you have bad karma and you need to get right with it. Volunteer at a food pantry or a soup kitchen or something like that and your karma will change to the positive. I am leaving this forum (i will figure out how to delete my account after i finish this post) and the people i will miss the least are nickd with his useless drivel about the past and xtremerevolution with his dangerous posts about using any oil in your cruzes that don't have the dexos certification. What's the big deal about this - just use dexos oil!! And oh, by the way, the main reason i am leaving this forum is that i don't have a cruze anymore. Adios from the eastern panhandle of tennessee.

hahhahhahahahah

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
This thread has convinced me that this Forum is a bad place to get advice. Too many experts who get it wrong too often. Poor joshuab gets told it is definitely a cracked piston or a sensor or the turbo but all along, he is giving us the classic signs of a messed up PCV system, which is a bit more complicated on a turbo charged engine than a normally aspirated engine. Then the foolishness starts about max "whatever" with the turbo at some low rpm for the automatic and some slightly different max "whatever" for the turbo with a manual shift setup. Why are we talking about max anything at 1850 rpm on a gasoline engine. Maybe on a big diesel. Your turbocharger starts to "spool up" (as pointed out by obermd) at probably 1850 rpm and then at some higher rpm (5000 maybe?) it is spinning at somewhere between 90,000 and 150,000 and giving max boost. joshuab - it is obvious you have Bad Karma and you need to get right with it. Volunteer at a Food Pantry or a Soup Kitchen or something like that and your karma will change to the positive. I am leaving this forum (I will figure out how to delete my account after I finish this post) and the people I will miss the least are NickD with his useless drivel about the past and XtremeRevolution with his dangerous posts about using any oil in your Cruzes that don't have the dexos certification. What's the big deal about this - just use dexos oil!! And oh, by the way, the main reason I am leaving this forum is that I don't have a Cruze anymore. Adios from the Eastern Panhandle of Tennessee.
You need some boobies to play with.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Attachments

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Update : I checked the oil & it was some low so I cleaned some of the oil off the top of the engine & drove it for a very small drive & I did notice the same type of issue as before I would push down on the gas & it just sit there no pick up whatsoever & it rattle very slightly, didn't notice any smoke tho.

So I parked back in my driveway & opened the hood & seen alot of more sprayed out oil all over where I cleaned it off so I decided not to drive the 27+ miles wasn't sure what could happen during that time. So I have called GM roadside assistance & w/o issue they came got the car.

It will be monday before I hear anything so once I get a update I will be sure to let everyone know what the issue is now.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Update : It seems my car still isn't ready - today they called w/ a update that they have cleaned the engine off & have test drove it & has had it on the diagnostic machine. This is the part that confuses me why put the car on a diagnostic machine when its clearly spraying out of the top of the engine ( or I assume it is ) by the way it looks. So why would they put this on a diagnostic machine there wasn't any engine light on or anything when it was towed back to them?

But the tech hasn't updated me on any cause or anything of that as of now, so just kinda in the dark still yet.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Update : Well I got a call from dealership today - said they found the leak & it seems there was a 'hairline crack' in this valve cover & it had to be replaced weird as it was just change the day before the car was released back to me. Also they had to replace something else the writer didn't have it in front of him to mention exactly what it was - however they said they will discuss this once I am there.
So I will update everyone tomorrow what is up & if I make it back home or having to do a U-TURN back to the dealer w/ another blown valve cover :question: LOL

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Update : I went picked up my car & as they had to just replace the cam cover again for the hairline crack in it & give me my papers I signed & off I go. Well heading home it seemed to do pretty good for awhile - then hit a hill & here we go again the car starts stalling & jerking & giving a loud peck sound then some times it just rattles a bit & all during this time no power & the RPMs drop w/o any boost.

Also I did notice this time that my RPMs is idling at 700rpms is this normal? as mine used to always idle at around 800 to 900ish but now its different also I will notice slight spikes in the idling w/o touching the gas. & when I touched the gas to rev the RPMs slightly I notice white smoke this time coming out of it. Not all the time just intermittently - also the jerking & pecking sound is intermittently too I am guessing this is why the techs are throwing a blind eye to it so to speak.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
joshuab - you need a different dealership - ASAP. I can see a hairline crack in the camshaft cover (PCV valve is integrated there) but it doesn't sound like this dealership takes any pride in their work. You shouldn't have another vacuum leak already and the description you gave is exactly what my Cruze did when my PCV valve failed.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Well the real concern I have is the dang rattle & sometime just a single peck sound & power loss & RPMs declining. Then it just surges back put during the surge there is a few jerks in between then it just wakes up fully & then its gone it will boost fast.

So yeah I am guessing I'll need to find another dealership that can help me resolve this matter. But truly sad as I loved this dealer they have always did me right for a long time - only one issue when I had to call them out on the turbo being under powertrain warranty they wanted me to foot the bill. But other then that these guys has been A+ that is why I hate to really find another one. But oh well I guess its off to another apparently.

41 - 60 of 307 Posts