Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
61 - 80 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I bet if you check you'll discover they have a new top guy in the service department.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Update : Well there is more issue's it seems its continuing to not respond to acceleration & RPMS drop & the car still jerking & then gives a small rattle or a ping depending on its mood ( lol ) but this time only noticed one time blue smoke. I nearly got rear ended today when I was driving & the car decided to act up!!

It has also used 2quarts of oil cause it will full when I left the driveway this morning did my full round trip of 38/miles & now I cannot reach it on the dipstick. Also I did notice this time the engine light blinked 4 times & then stayed on. SOOO back to the dealership I go gonna have it towed monday morning as I don't want my keys left in a dropbox over the weekend I want someone to physically accept my car in.

So we shall see monday any suggestions from any of you tech guys? Because I am starting to think this is more then just a "PCV valve" issue - if that is the case tho I have already went through 2 in under a week!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Update : Well there is more issue's it seems its continuing to not respond to acceleration & RPMS drop & the car still jerking & then gives a small rattle or a ping depending on its mood ( lol ) but this time only noticed one time blue smoke. I nearly got rear ended today when I was driving & the car decided to act up!!

It has also used 2quarts of oil cause it will full when I left the driveway this morning did my full round trip of 38/miles & now I cannot reach it on the dipstick. Also I did notice this time the engine light blinked 4 times & then stayed on. SOOO back to the dealership I go gonna have it towed monday morning as I don't want my keys left in a dropbox over the weekend I want someone to physically accept my car in.

So we shall see monday any suggestions from any of you tech guys? Because I am starting to think this is more then just a "PCV valve" issue - if that is the case tho I have already went through 2 in under a week!
Josh you are so much more patient with this than I would be. Hope you can find a dealer that can identify your issues with the car and properly repair it.

Reactions: joshuab and obermd

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Update : Well I finally got my car towed to the dealership awhile ago, it will not be checked until tomorrow morning but that is fine as long as it get handled I guess. Now i did notice they have put some type of dye in my oil, because when I open the oil cap I noticed green dye all on the oil cap. But there isn't any visible green puddles under my car or anywhere that I can see.

Now regarding the compression test they mentioned a "oil consumption test" well that maybe a problem in two ways here

#1 - The car is consuming more oil then it would be safe to take back & have them check during the 1,000 mile check, because it consumes around 2 1/2 quarts of oil in a 38mile run & including the behavior that the car is doing I do not trust it on a big hill - I nearly got rear ended thursday.

#2 - I only had a couple oil changes done at the previous dealer before leaving them, then there was a period gap that I changed the oil myself & that was awhile back & then I moved to the dealer I am at now & they took over oil changes & thing that need done for the car. So there is a gap in the oil change records.

So what is your take on this matter anyone else get done this way prior to them checking further into the engine ?

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
Oil consumption report is SOP. I suggest you do it to document the engine's flagrant oil loss behaviour.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
SOP = Standard Operating Procedure

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Well document the car's behavior or how the car oil was changed. I purchased oil & filter & changed it. I didn't really keep the receipt cause to be honest I think I would never need it for something like this so. What do you suggest I do?, document how much oil its using within a set period of time?

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
Well document the car's behavior or how the car oil was changed. I purchased oil & filter & changed it. I didn't really keep the receipt cause to be honest I think I would never need it for something like this so. What do you suggest I do?, document how much oil its using within a set period of time?
they are supposed t give you a standardized form to complete.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
You know tho, w/ the issue that is occurring they shouldn't be even asking me anything! I am a bit upset, not to mention I just had the oil changed prior to the second PCV valve getting a 'hairline crack' in it. GM is overseeing this matter now tho, ( so we will see ); also what does this standardized form need etc so I am aware of what I need to do?

But none the less getting frustrated or mad doesn't get me anywhere so I just simply cool off & hopefully get a good turn out hopefully soon!

they are supposed t give you a standardized form to complete.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I stopped by the dealer I often hang out at Saturday.

They had a red 2011 eco manual on the hoist.....two weeks of the five year remaining, getting a nice new engine.
Same as the OP.....going through oil like a cruise ship, smoking....yada yada.

#3 was 0 compression and there was a good size chunk of piston crown MIA.
The tech. had drained over two quarts of oil out of the intercooler and evidently this had gone on for a bit because the charge pipes were getting soft......whatta mess.

Seems the car had been at another dealer with the consumption complaint and CEL.
They replaced the manifold and the cam cover (why they chose not to look further we'll never know).
Naturally, once the owner took it out on the highway a week later it inhaled all that oil and fell on its face......smoking.....cel.....replay.

Nursed it over to the current dealer where a compression test was performed (first)......#3 reads '0'.
Pulled the head and found a good sized chunk of piston MIA.....intercooler had over two quarts of oil accumulated.....and this had been going on long enough where the charge pipes were getting soft.

So, the new engine gets plugged in tomorrow.....new clutch too since the labor is free.

I hope the OP finds someone that looks deeper......this sounds awful similar.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
You know tho, w/ the issue that is occurring they shouldn't be even asking me anything! I am a bit upset, not to mention I just had the oil changed prior to the second PCV valve getting a 'hairline crack' in it. GM is overseeing this matter now tho, ( so we will see ); also what does this standardized form need etc so I am aware of what I need to do?

But none the less getting frustrated or mad doesn't get me anywhere so I just simply cool off & hopefully get a good turn out hopefully soon!
This my friend, is a healthy attitude.

You're definitely growing some stones through all of this.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Update : Well the dealership contacted it seems that my car has a bad intake manifold the valve was stuck or something they was telling me. Now isn't this the part w/ the whole assembly w/ the new "throttle body" as the reason I am asking initially when I first took the car in for a "oil leak" they just tightened the throttle body up & said the valve was stuck they cleaned & that was it!

So would the symptoms I am experiencing would be from this intake manifold ?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Update : My car is still at the dealership when I updated back on the 24th it seemed it was my intake manifold, so they still have & mentioned they are taking it through a set of test to be performed to make sure all is good before handing my car back.

But I have a question for you tech guy/gals, would the intake manifold be the issue of losing 2 quarts of oil in under 40/miles? I don't hardly see that, you would think during this time that if over 2/quarts of oil passes through the intake its gotta be something else causing this? Please correct me if I am wrong because I am surely 90% wrong but I have gained alot of knowledge from here!

I will keep everyone post on updates as they become available, I do know now it will be monday before my next update here. To be continued........

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Update : My car is still at the dealership when I updated back on the 24th it seemed it was my intake manifold, so they still have & mentioned they are taking it through a set of test to be performed to make sure all is good before handing my car back.

But I have a question for you tech guy/gals, would the intake manifold be the issue of losing 2 quarts of oil in under 40/miles? I don't hardly see that, you would think during this time that if over 2/quarts of oil passes through the intake its gotta be something else causing this? Please correct me if I am wrong because I am surely 90% wrong but I have gained alot of knowledge from here!

I will keep everyone post on updates as they become available, I do know now it will be monday before my next update here. To be continued........
Your thoughts are spot on......nothing in the intake check valve would cause oil consumption at that rate.

One quart, a hundred miles.....maybe......thats a stretch, but maybe......2qts. in 40??????no way.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Sounds about the same oil usage I had - blown turbo and a couple of cracked pistons

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
So would you think to be fair that maybe the tech misdiagnosed my issue yet again?, I have mentioned that maybe a piston issue, yet they walk around the question quite literally really. So as mentioned back on the 24th they said they found the problem which was a "intake manifold valve" so I say OK, but they added that they will keep the car & run it through more test.

Could they might know now what the issue is as to why they are lagging on handing my car back?

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
It does sound like you're being stroked - but as long as they're providing you a loaner somebody else is paying the tab.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Yeah I am all set far as that goes; just wish they wouldn't ignore what I asked them regarding the compression check as well & w/ the piston issue. Do they have a standard operation far as checking compression or can that be done upon request?,

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yeah I am all set far as that goes; just wish they wouldn't ignore what I asked them regarding the compression check as well & w/ the piston issue. Do they have a standard operation far as checking compression or can that be done upon request?,
I would have them do a compression test and make sure the results are written down on the ticket. No way an intake will cause the much oil lost.

61 - 80 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.