Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
81 - 100 of 307 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Question : I have a question for you guys/gal's, I got a call from the dealership today mentioning they are still testing my car. Doing what they call a road test - however the car was put in a service bay on Tuesday (last week); & which time I got a update mentioning that it was the "intake manifold valve" failed or something of sort. So my question is why would they need to road test the car for many miles & they are continue to not be satisfied? Is this some type of operation that GM requires?

Has anyone else had a dealership do this, & what is everyone's take on this? Are they dancing around my main issue - cause as mentioned before in my latter post - I do not think the intake manifold is at fault here - but if they are road testing the car for good amount of miles wouldn't it act up on them or would they simply "throw a blind eye" to the main issue?

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
Road testing is good. It means they do not have 100% confidence in their repair strategy and are conducting validation testing.

Reactions: brian v

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Road testing is good. It means they do not have 100% confidence in their repair strategy and are conducting validation testing.
Or they want to verify they did the job correctly. If my first dealership (Montana) had done that I wouldn't have gone through four ABS hubs. The second dealership road tested and found the real problem.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
That is the concerning part for me. They are saying so far "so good" well my thoughts are if its good why it is being kept this long if nothing else seems wrong? - I just don't want a repeat of what has done occurred I pick the car up it eats the oil & I gotta get it towed right back to the dealership.

Just would be weird if the intake would be the issue, however I honestly do not see it. & I just hope they are not dancing around the primary issue here to try get around resolving it.

It's something more seriously wrong than the intake manifold for it to be eating oil that fast.

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
That is the concerning part for me. They are saying so far "so good" well my thoughts are if its good why it is being kept this long if nothing else seems wrong? - I just don't want a repeat of what has done occurred I pick the car up it eats the oil & I gotta get it towed right back to the dealership.

Just would be weird if the intake would be the issue, however I honestly do not see it. & I just hope they are not dancing around the primary issue here to try get around resolving it.
Honestly, I don't think that they want to see you back. So it sure sounds like they're exercising their due diligence in trying to confirm that they've gotten to the root problem.

It is, in all honesty, a refreshing sign of professionalism from this dealership.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well I do know they haven't been so quick on releasing my car this time, so we shall see. I'll update everyone as information comes my way......

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Well I do know they haven't been so quick on releasing my car this time, so we shall see. I'll update everyone as information comes my way......
Lets hope it is repaired properly and you get the car back soon and get back to normal.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Update : Well it seems I got a call today & they are gonna be keeping it longer now, they say they are still testing it & all is good so far. So here I am :question: wondering what is actually going on here!

So no further updates then that, once I get further information I'll update here as it continues......

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Update : Well it seems I got a call today & they are gonna be keeping it longer now, they say they are still testing it & all is good so far. So here I am :question: wondering what is actually going on here!

So no further updates then that, once I get further information I'll update here as it continues......
All I got to say is WOW!! They could of towed/trucked it to Lordstown and put it back on the line and replaced the engine by now.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Well my thoughts are just as if it was the "intake manifold valve" them replacing that intake manifold road tested the car & then 3 days should have been back in my driveway. It seems I believe I am being jerked around & made up excuses personally that is my take on it. Because its hard to imagine that only the intake manifold was bad & a road test keep it over a week - does this sound off to you & I am being give the run around about this?

Thoughts everyone?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well my thoughts are just as if it was the "intake manifold valve" them replacing that intake manifold road tested the car & then 3 days should have been back in my driveway. It seems I believe I am being jerked around & made up excuses personally that is my take on it. Because its hard to imagine that only the intake manifold was bad & a road test keep it over a week - does this sound off to you & I am being give the run around about this?

Thoughts everyone?
I don't know it just seems like a long time to keep the car. I would give them the benefit of the doubt but if you get it back and it isn't fixed I would not go back to that dealer.

No way my dealer would keep my car that long. But I am fortunate I have a good dealer. When they fix a problem I never have to go back to get it fixed. The only exception to that is the water pump but hopefully I am on the last one of those and I won't have to get it fixed again so who knows. Guess I have to say if it wasn't for the water pump on my car I really wouldn't have anything wrong with my car. I am on my fourth water pump and have had two leaks fixed on the coolant system. Hopefully all my problems are worked out with my coolant system. But I have ten years of warranty and also if I pay to have the water pump replaced my dealer will warranty that pump for as long as I own that car. Anyway I am rambling. I hope they are doing their due diligence with your car and you will have no trouble after this fix.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Update : Well the dealership called today & said its a no go on getting my car back today, & they are thinking & hoping it will be ready by monday or tuesday by next week. They said they are doing final road tests. I asked for any updates that maybe why its being kept that this long, & they said no so they don't know either way nothing wrong or something wrong the tech or service manager hasn't updated them so yeah...

So here I am nearly 2weeks in & kinda left in the dark on the situation at this point, but I will continue to update everyone as I get information. Just doesn't seem that road testing it for 2 weeks? Maybe it needed a specific amount of miles, & hard to get techs to drive the miles? Any GM techs here had to do such long duration road test ?

Reactions: Tomko

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
You're a good man. Stay strong. Enjoy the loaner. And keep us informed.

Reactions: joshuab

·
2,170 Posts
Update : Well the dealership called today & said its a no go on getting my car back today, & they are thinking & hoping it will be ready by monday or tuesday by next week. They said they are doing final road tests. I asked for any updates that maybe why its being kept that this long, & they said no so they don't know either way nothing wrong or something wrong the tech or service manager hasn't updated them so yeah...

So here I am nearly 2weeks in & kinda left in the dark on the situation at this point, but I will continue to update everyone as I get information. Just doesn't seem that road testing it for 2 weeks? Maybe it needed a specific amount of miles, & hard to get techs to drive the miles? Any GM techs here had to do such long duration road test ?
Sounds like someone screwed something up. They might be waiting on parts, or they ordered the wrong thing, or they broke something now trying to fix it, really any number of wild scenarios could be going on. It's unfortunate that you're not too close. I'd be in there every day asking about the progress and if I can look at my car. I'd take a few days off work just to sit in the waiting area and wander around the car lots putting finger prints on all the glass until they got rid of me.

But I'm just really paranoid, there's also a chance this is all normal standard procedure for whatever went wrong. Wish I could be more help.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Thank you all, & yeah I am starting to get paranoid now. I mean when I asked the writer "hey are they any updates on the issues I been complaining about" this is due to the jerking, power loss etc. They say the dreaded "nooo I haven't been updated" 2 weeks nearing & no updated to the writer to update me on? This is kinda unacceptable, however I am very understanding & patience person. So I don't mind just starting to eek me alittle ya know?

So I am just playing the waiting game w/ these guys, I just honestly hope after 2 weeks I get my car back & the same repeating issues continue, then I think I will be mad? But hey who could blame me right?

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I have seen on a car that old (it's really not that old) where they cause some damage in the shop, and have to replace parts at their cost, that they source used parts from a wrecker.

This could be a source of delay. But at this point I'm just throwing darts at the wall.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Wouldn't they have to advise me of such damages? & trust me I got a eye if something has changed on my car. lol Now I am starting to get more paranoid now ha ha, my wife has made a joke as well, they may have damaged the car.

Got my mind wondering now guys..........

81 - 100 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.