Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
121 - 140 of 307 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Yep, that is exactly what I am gonna do. I made appointment & will get it into them & see what they can do to resolve the issue, but my mind is blown to think this dealership a professional shop would act like this. The worse thing about it is they told GM directly they wouldn't accept it back. & the way the GM rep talked they wasn't to pleased w/ this choice. But oh well I talked highly of this shop & for them to do this its just a complete shame but oh well off I go to another shop & this one will lose more business from me. I used to get all my brake pad's installed, oil changes, tire rotation, all my safety inspections done yearly, but not anymore!!
After you get your car repaired, please do some research as to how to review the dealer that didn't fix your car and then refuse to fix it. Online review, better business bureau, etc. I think GM has some real problems with some of their dealers, I have had some issues but nothing of what you are dealing with. The part I am not sure GM understands is the dealers represent the brand and we do have choices. I hope you get your car repaired soon.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I agree, was on vacation in my Cruze under the 3 year 36,000 warranty and a dealer would not even read the CEL code on my car after seeing out of state plates. I said guess I will have to go Autozone or some place and see what it is. He said sounds like a good idea to me. I posted this on there Facebook page along with the service persons name. Post just disappeared I don't get it.

After you get your car repaired, please do some research as to how to review the dealer that didn't fix your car and then refuse to fix it. Online review, better business bureau, etc. I think GM has some real problems with some of their dealers, I have had some issues but nothing of what you are dealing with. The part I am not sure GM understands is the dealers represent the brand and we do have choices. I hope you get your car repaired soon.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I agree, was on vacation in my Cruze under the 3 year 36,000 warranty and a dealer would not even read the CEL code on my car after seeing out of state plates. I said guess I will have to go Autozone or some place and see what it is. He said sounds like a good idea to me. I posted this on there Facebook page along with the service persons name. Post just disappeared I don't get it.
Having said that, I had a flat tire in Michigan away from home, my Eco didn't have a spare tire, called roadside assistance, they towed me to a Chevy dealer that was closing, the service manager waited for me to have tow and repaired the tire after the service department closed. So not all dealers are bad. :eusa_clap:

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Yeah well this dealer here that refused my car, was awesome. I talked very highly of this place & even to GM I told them before even discussing my issue from the first time I called them. I didn't want them to question this dealership in anyway; but for them to do this to me, I am still like WOW that a professional dealership would turn a GM car or truck whatever the type is away is just puzzling to me.

& regarding a review or contacting BBB I don't think I will do this, as they done so good for me all the time; I cannot hate them nor bad mouth them if they don't want to fix my car, they have a right & choice to decline at there discretion & much as I don't understand why that is there choice I guess.

I do have another question for anyone that may have seen this, I am not sure if this is one of those hurry fixes or something they tried to do, but there seems to be a little bit of putty or sealing stuff right on the cam cover right near the cam actuator - also has anyone seen them mark the oil filter area & oil pan bolt w/ like orange paint? I will snap a picture of the sealant looking stuff tomorrow & post a pic.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Yeah well this dealer here that refused my car, was awesome. I talked very highly of this place & even to GM I told them before even discussing my issue from the first time I called them. I didn't want them to question this dealership in anyway; but for them to do this to me, I am still like WOW that a professional dealership would turn a GM car or truck whatever the type is away is just puzzling to me.

& regarding a review or contacting BBB I don't think I will do this, as they done so good for me all the time; I cannot hate them nor bad mouth them if they don't want to fix my car, they have a right & choice to decline at there discretion & much as I don't understand why that is there choice I guess.

I do have another question for anyone that may have seen this, I am not sure if this is one of those hurry fixes or something they tried to do, but there seems to be a little bit of putty or sealing stuff right on the cam cover right near the cam actuator - also has anyone seen them mark the oil filter area & oil pan bolt w/ like orange paint? I will snap a picture of the sealant looking stuff tomorrow & post a pic.
i will respectfully disagree with you, they are a Chevrolet dealer and you have a Chevrolet car, they kept your car for long time and didn't repair your car and then refuse to fix your car? Why would you just rollover and let them walk on you? You didn't do anything wrong they did. If a Chevrolet dealer or any dealer treats me that way I would be in the owners office of the dealer sharing my views.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
i will respectfully disagree with you, they are a Chevrolet dealer and you have a Chevrolet car, they kept your car for long time and didn't repair your car and then refuse to fix your car? Why would you just rollover and let them walk on you? You didn't do anything wrong they did. If a Chevrolet dealer or any dealer treats me that way I would be in the owners office of the dealer sharing my views.
Well its not as much letting them walk over me, its just a simple fact what really talking to the owner of a dealership that cannot deliver a resolution to a issue? & not follow any suggestions from the owner of the car ( eg. for example doing a compression check ); maybe this a good thing they have turned me away or maybe we would be doing this back & forth for the next year! So I am cutting my ties w/ this dealership & I will never return not even if my car broke down right in the parking lot next to them.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Well its not as much letting them walk over me, its just a simple fact what really talking to the owner of a dealership that cannot deliver a resolution to a issue? & not follow any suggestions from the owner of the car ( eg. for example doing a compression check ); maybe this a good thing they have turned me away or maybe we would be doing this back & forth for the next year! So I am cutting my ties w/ this dealership & I will never return not even if my car broke down right in the parking lot next to them.
I don't disagree with you really. But if they refuse to listen and fix your car they shouldn't be a Chevrolet dealer in your area. If I were a consumer in your area I would want to know about your experience in the service department so I could go somewhere else. Best of luck in getting your car repaired.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
I don't disagree with you really. But if they refuse to listen and fix your car they shouldn't be a Chevrolet dealer in your area. If I were a consumer in your area I would want to know about your experience in the service department so I could go somewhere else. Best of luck in getting your car repaired.
Oh I couldn't agree with you more on this matter they shouldn't be a Chevrolet dealer & provide certified service if they can't fix a problem like this. I would guess as its easy & not a very complex repair they are good, if they run into a puzzling one they fold. That there doesn't say much about there business that is for sure!

But yeah my main focus is getting my car repaired & getting it back on the road in good working order. So I'll continue to keep everyone updated as the progress continues. I just take this as a speed bump & move forward w/o complaint as that just slows me down. LOL

·
10,712 Posts
Having said that, I had a flat tire in Michigan away from home, my Eco didn't have a spare tire, called roadside assistance, they towed me to a Chevy dealer that was closing, the service manager waited for me to have tow and repaired the tire after the service department closed. So not all dealers are bad. :eusa_clap:
Yep had that fun, the tire flat was the back tire so it wasn't a simple hook and drag. I told them I needed a flatbed or dollys with regular tow. After not being able to find me for an hr they sent a regular w/o dollys and he took off w/o saying if he was on the way back or not. Total time from call to dealership was like 4 hours. Of all the places to be stranded in a Chevy, I was outside of the local Ford Engine Plant #2.

Dealership out of town actually did more than need be for my situation and I "didn't fit in with the locals". OnStar wanted me to catch a cab to follow my dead coil pack and failed brake booster pump car on the tow truck to a closing dealer. Ended up riding with the tow driver. Then wanted me to catch a cab to go 100 miles from dealer to the airport for a rental since the enterprise there closed while I killed 3 hours waiting for a tow to show up. Once that wasn't going to happen, they then booked me in a hotel 100 miles away from the dealership and wanted me to take a cab for that. The one salesman literally was like just come home with us and we can get you to enterprise in the AM. OnStar eventually got me a hotel locally and the salesman took me there. Next morning enterprise came and got me in a Sonic LTZ

And that my friends is how I found out about Trip Interruption and how the hotel per night rate of $90 a night at the time was even too low for a "1 horse town" in the backwoods of PA. Not sure if the GMPP version of it was more or less seeing this was like 6 months into new car ownership before all the fun things starting to happen.

Re-post on Yelp. See what happens.
That's what happened to Adventure time here when they totalled a brand new WRX on a road test and told the guy to use his own insurance to deal with it because that why he has insurance. Luckily there are way more Subaru dealerships here I don't ever have to deal with them.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 · (Edited)
Update : Ok here is where I am at today, I finally let the car sit over night & checked the oil it seems its middle way down on the dipstick so that indicates that I have used that in 48/hrs which is better then it was previously. So I take it for a drive it seems to do alot better, the rattling & pinging has nearly quit, however its got a rough idle & oil is coming out of the throttle body ( that is for sure now ); & its going down the back of the transmission & dripping down on the ground.

Also with the rough idle it got a miss like the engine is pulling back when you start to push down on the gas to get it moving good & its idling at random RPMs most of the time its at around 700rpm & then at times its around 800rpms ( which is home idle rpm ); from when the car was new. & the gas MPG is awful I am not getting no where near the mileage I was.

I am still awaiting GM to call in updates to the new dealership to get this process started & get the car over to the new dealership. So any feedback on the above symptoms that I am having now?

On Another Note : I did forgot to mention this part, it seems also when I look on the back end of the cam cover somewhere there not where the seal part is but above it like on the top; I am noticing a line of "green" dye oil running across there as well I wiped it off prior to the drive & when I came back its there again. But if its not the cam cover seal what could it be? where else could oil come above it at?

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Finally - some progress.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Finally - some progress.
I know its some progress now; but it seems I am back to my initial issue when I first started this thread :) But I'll take any progress at this point tho really! So fingers cross & hopefully this new dealer can just finish up the job & let me get back to enjoying my Cruze!

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Update : Well maybe I have spoke to quick on the fixing of my car. Well at first I am running down the road the car running smooth as silk responded quickly & gained speed fast & transmission shifting so smooth. Then when I let up as I had someone in front of me, they turn off I give it gas & slowly pick up speed so I give more gas & then it shutters a bit & then boost up for a second then the "service traction control" message came on & the light start blinking along w/ the engine light blinking, during the engine light blinking the engine was cutting in & out the light blinked 6 times & then both lights went off along w/ the message.

Well now the car is struggling it seems idling a little hard & staying warmer then usual but the temp gauge stays as it it always has since new. So I am rolling along then all at once here we go again the start starts to missing ( no rattling or pinging this time ); & the "Service StabiliTrak message" & the light lit up & along w/ the engine light blinking & blinked 6 more times then went away however the traction control light stayed lit up & along w/ the message staying on this time, the idling is staying rough now & then I let my car cool down & it seems the oil level dropped fast during my normal run this time.

I have appointment for the dealership end of next week, however that is then I am not sure this car is gonna make it til then? & plus now I have to drive additional 15miles from the previous one - so I am not sure I even wanna try driving this car if the issues its experiencing is random like that.

I am so frustrated now, my car sitting at a dealership two weeks & failed to really do anything expect keep my car on the lot & bill GM is basically all they did! Well enough venting & now wanting to know should I even try driving this car the full 40miles to the dealership so whats your suggestion's?

·
Super Moderator
7,838 Posts
Have you thought about shooting a video to document the behaviours that your car is exhibiting?

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I am so frustrated now, my car sitting at a dealership two weeks & failed to really do anything expect keep my car on the lot & bill GM is basically all they did! Well enough venting & now wanting to know should I even try driving this car the full 40miles to the dealership so whats your suggestion's?
With the amount of oil you are losing/burning - get it towed. That is what I did when my car had the same symptoms.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Have you thought about shooting a video to document the behaviours that your car is exhibiting?
Well now taking a video of the behavior of the car when its missing is when its driving & hard to shoot a video like that. Now regarding w/ the hood up I can see the engine vibrating & RPMs are at around 700 is that normal & sometime it will be at 800.

With the amount of oil you are losing/burning - get it towed. That is what I did when my car had the same symptoms.

Yea, I am thinking this is just what I plan on doing. Its been a complete puzzling type thing going on here, its got me confused badly I am about inches from just giving up & saying to heck w/ it. But in reality I won't do that because that don't solve a thing really.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I know its some progress now; but it seems I am back to my initial issue when I first started this thread :) But I'll take any progress at this point tho really! So fingers cross & hopefully this new dealer can just finish up the job & let me get back to enjoying my Cruze!
My 30 years of technical **** in the Navy, getting back to square 1 is progress. Good that you keep pushing.

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Update : Well Monday morning I got in my car & started it, well it felt alittle rough when I started it - but just ignored it as this car is having bad issues - so it warmed up ( I NEVER drive my car until its fully warm ); summer or winter. Well I get in & start down the road the car was running smooth, then all at once I started to push the gas ( wrong move!! ). The car let a couple pops & started missing & the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, engine light blinking along w/ a few other lights keep in mind No blue smoke this time, so I get it home. Let it cool down & then I notice the oil level dropped by a half a quart. So I said that was it, I called tow company told them come get this thing & sent it to the new dealership & they was awesome said send it on & we will squeeze it in today (monday ) or if its here to late we will check it (tuesday) today! days before my appointment ( really cool! ). So they got it monday evening & they started checking it today but haven't heard anything yet, hopefully they will update me tomorrow & provide me a rental this big engine truck isn't like my gas saver!

So I will update you'll tomorrow hopefully once I get word from the new dealership.

121 - 140 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.