Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A girl I went to school with's family owns a Chevy dealer a couple hours north of me. A couple weeks back while browsing Facebook, I saw that she suggested people like the dealer's page because they were going to donate a dollar for every new like to cancer in October. So I liked the page.

Every few days, they post pictures of happy new owners with their cars. Naturally, I browse through them to see the new Cruzen being sold. Interestingly, not a single LTZ (Cruze) in the whole album.

But, apparently we aren't all happy Cruze looking owners?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
When I bought my Cruze all the salespeople waited outside the door and cheered for me. It was supposed to be a surprise but someone else walked out first and they cheered for them, the randoms were thoroughly baffled. No comment on the people in the picture or else I may further cement my place in ****.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I bought my Cruze all the salespeople waited outside the door and cheered for me. It was supposed to be a surprise but someone else walked out first and they cheered for them, the randoms were thoroughly baffled. No comment on the people in the picture or else I may further cement my place in ****.
haha when I picked mine up, it was out in the parking lot by the other new Cruzen, kinda parked in front of them and away from the building. The salesman walked out with me, shook my hand, and told me to press the OnStar button. No drama, but I can't complain about that.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Except for the ECO trims. GM says no towing with the ECO trims. I suspect it has to do with the gearing.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
The Saturn dealership did that when we bought our '92 SC. They took pictures to put up on the wall and everyone from the sales side of the dealership stood in the delivery room to applaud. The dealership actually had a glass room on the front of the dealership with bright lights and sunlight so you could go over your new ride before accepting it. Ah those were the days when a dealer really cared that you bought one of their products. Whenever I would take the car in for oil changes, the general manager would come out and get me coffee and ask how the car was doing. I felt like I had bought a MB or BMW. No wonder they went out of business.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
The Saturn dealership did that when we bought our '92 SC. They took pictures to put up on the wall and everyone from the sales side of the dealership stood in the delivery room to applaud. The dealership actually had a glass room on the front of the dealership with bright lights and sunlight so you could go over your new ride before accepting it. Ah those were the days when a dealer really cared that you bought one of their products. Whenever I would take the car in for oil changes, the general manager would come out and get me coffee and ask how the car was doing. I felt like I had bought a MB or BMW. No wonder they went out of business.
My mother bought a 92 SL 1 from Saturn of Larchmont when it was brand new. I remember that she told me they did the same thing and gave her flowers. She said she felt like a queen. From that moment she was locked into that dealership until they closed. It made quite an impression on her.

Sent from my DROID3

Reactions: fastdriver

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Getting rid of my 92 DeVille with a 3,500 pound trailer hitch on it created problems for me. Looked at hitches for my 2012 2LT, said the capacity was 2,000 pounds, but the owners manual clearly states 1,000 pounds maximum.

Believe my insurance company would go by the owners manual in the event of an accident. Did find a hidden hitch for my 88 Supra, made in Eau Claire, WI. Talked to an engineer to find the right hitch for this car. Could flip a coin, that hitch is far more robust than the one on my DeVille, but the manual says only a 2,000 pound rating so will go by that and only pull my utility trailer.

But wonder if these guys are pulling numbers out of a hat.

If I ever put a hitch on my Cruze, will just be for a bike rack, that tin underneath where that hitch mounts to, looks pretty thin.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Except for the ECO trims. GM says no towing with the ECO trims. I suspect it has to do with the gearing.
Don't forget the lower grill shutter than closes & also the upper grills are blocked a couple inches more on each side(compared to other trims). Seems it might be an overheating issue while towing, inadequacy airflow to radiator on eco models.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Don't forget the lower grill shutter than closes & also the upper grills are blocked a couple inches more on each side(compared to other trims). Seems it might be an overheating issue while towing, inadequacy airflow to radiator on eco models.
Good point.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I had the money for an LTZ I probably would have bought a car in a different class. I don't think it's worth going over $20k for a car in this class but that's just me.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I had the money for an LTZ I probably would have bought a car in a different class. I don't think it's worth going over $20k for a car in this class but that's just me.
But, in my case, I wanted all the goodies that came on the LTZ but also wanted the great mileage. You go to the next class and I doubt you could get close to 40 on the highway with any of those cars.

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
:):):) About the only thing they give you now is the BILL!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts