Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a 2011 chevy cruze 1.8L engine non turbo so my ex husband a, diesel technician, says. And i swear when i punch in the vin number it pulls up as a 1.4L but what do i know....I need to order front right an left abs sensors for it asap. How do I tell if my car is a ls or lt? I bought the car off of someone a couple yrs bk and it literally doesn't say it anywhere on my car... I may be missing it or reading the parts wrong online. He isn't much help, with helping me do pretty much anything anymore so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it lol thx in advance

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco
29 Posts
Traction control issue is likely tied in with the ABS sensors. There is (or at least should be) a sticker under the hood that will tell you for sure what engine is in it. As for LT vs LS: Look in the jockey box for a label with a bunch of 3 character codes. Take a pic of that and post it up on here, or search for "GM RPO 2011". Then you can use those three letter codes to determine exactly what equipment GM used for that exact car. The engine code is in there as well (If it's a 1.8 you should see LUW, if it's a 1.4turbo you should see LUJ).

Better yet, here's a link to the RPO codes already decoded for you: Click here.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,895 Posts
LS has no badge on the trunk. Typically steel wheels with hubcaps. Oil cap at rear of engine.
LT has a LT badge on the trunk. Alloy 5-spoke wheels. Oil cap at front of motor.

ABS Sensors should be the same for both.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,696 Posts
OK I have a 2011 chevy cruze 1.8L engine non turbo so my ex husband a, diesel technician, says. And i swear when i punch in the vin number it pulls up as a 1.4L but what do i know....I need to order front right an left abs sensors for it asap. How do I tell if my car is a ls or lt? I bought the car off of someone a couple yrs bk and it literally doesn't say it anywhere on my car... I may be missing it or reading the parts wrong online. He isn't much help, with helping me do pretty much anything anymore so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it lol thx in advance
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Take a picture inside of the glovebox door as this is where you will find the RPO codes on your vehicle. Also post a picture of the engine bay,

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts