1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
All of that for a set of Fog lights , Cool . I guess that would be a sickness ..

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds expensive...are you getting a good deal on trade in?
I used to work at the dealership, so Im getting a really good deal. This is similar to the deal that I got. Although the exact one I got was another $500 off which the promotion expired 2 days ago when I got the car. And I also got another $750 off USAA. And 38,000 miles got my $12,500 for the trade. and I owed $11,600.

View attachment 55361

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Clay bar today. Not the best picture, but...

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I've got to show this to my better half... this puts any of my compulsive spending "issues" into perspective! :)
Yeah, I tend to jump without looking sometimes. My next leap is the 2014-2015 Cadi CTS V-Sport.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to work at the dealership, so Im getting a really good deal. This is similar to the deal that I got. Although the exact one I got was another $500 off which the promotion expired 2 days ago when I got the car. And I also got another $750 off USAA. And 38,000 miles got my $12,500 for the trade. and I owed $11,600.

View attachment 55361
I'm surprised, because, these cars don't hold value very well.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm surprised, because, these cars don't hold value very well.
Yeah, they don't. The rental car market ensures that. But when the timing is right and they need some used ones on the lot, they will pay more. Keep in mind, I used to work there too. So Im getting everything at cost and with the GM discounts, everything is well below invoice. Plus, I didn't owe much on the car to begin with.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
GmCard jacked up my earnings to $2,000.00 off the best deal I can find that is good until the end of February. Kicking it around, 2012 2LT is still like a brand new car.

2 years and 24K miles on it now, and like buying an OS from Microsoft took two years to work out all the bugs on it, but will be gaining another 24K of bumper to bumper warranty.

Now if the offered me a deal like on my 04 Cavalier sports coupe, would jump on it. Sticker price was $18,300.00 After a nice $4,500 factory rebate, and bunch of earnings on my GM card, another couple of thousand for owning two other GM vehicles for loyality, and selling it at 2003 prices. Dropped the price to $7,300.00!

Did get a bit teed off at my state for making me pay sales tax on the sticker price of this car, the crooks. But paid it anyway. Think this is only a once in a lifetime deal.

Then would this 2014 have bugs on it that would have to be worked out?

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would seem to me after owning 3 now that this is the most refined by far. It seems to have a little more pickup in its stock form. Also the steering actually has some positive feedback now and isn't just a bucket of slop. It's actually tightened in turn to turn pretty significantly.

Also one of my favorites, although small is the 6 speed fan control. It was definitely needed. The suspension also doesn't clank around like both of my 2012s did. When you go over a speed bump now, everything feels right and rigid. I also of course like the myLink and the backup camera.

I've yet to determine what's different about the engine. Even though the engine code went from LUV to LUW for 2014. Maybe some much needed improved internals. The new DIC is also nice, even though the digital engine temp is missing from previous models.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Blue Angel

·
Registered
63 Posts
GmCard jacked up my earnings to $2,000.00 off the best deal I can find that is good until the end of February. Kicking it around, 2012 2LT is still like a brand new car.

2 years and 24K miles on it now, and like buying an OS from Microsoft took two years to work out all the bugs on it, but will be gaining another 24K of bumper to bumper warranty.

Now if the offered me a deal like on my 04 Cavalier sports coupe, would jump on it. Sticker price was $18,300.00 After a nice $4,500 factory rebate, and bunch of earnings on my GM card, another couple of thousand for owning two other GM vehicles for loyality, and selling it at 2003 prices. Dropped the price to $7,300.00!

Did get a bit teed off at my state for making me pay sales tax on the sticker price of this car, the crooks. But paid it anyway. Think this is only a once in a lifetime deal.

Then would this 2014 have bugs on it that would have to be worked out?
I just traded in an 04 cavalier LS sport coupe. I bought it 2 years ago with like 91 on the clock for 2 grand. It was scratched dented, paint was faded: an absolute mess. I traded it in towards the cruze. I got $1700 for it lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a great color, but being a dark, it shows scratches easily. Nothing a trip to Chemical Guys can't fix.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts