Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has already been established on this forum or not, but please please PLEASE bring the manual tranny option to the Chevy Cruze Diesel trims in The United States. I think it's quite unfair that you guys are selling them in Sweden and the rest of Europe, but not in home country. Seriously, I mean Jesus!

Thanks for listening! :usa: :happy:

·
10,712 Posts
I don't know if this has already been established on this forum or not, but please please PLEASE bring the manual tranny option to the Chevy Cruze Diesel trims in The United States. I think it's quite unfair that you guys are selling them in Sweden and the rest of Europe, but not in home country. Seriously, I mean Jesus!

Thanks for listening! :usa: :happy:
It's intended to be a limited run car so to ensure what is made sells, they are auto. Manual gas Cruze tend to sit around for a bit so you end up ordering it that way or have dealers search around for one. IIRC the 2nd gens may be manual diesel.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Waited until GM decided to put an MT in the 2012 2LT along with the spare tire option for a hundred bucks. If they didn't, would be driving something else.

Could have also installed remote start if the MT was in neutral and the parking brake was on, but wife decided to skip this option.

These are not engineering decisions, marketing decisions, should know, put up with this stuff for over 30 years. Ha, in general, guys with big guts, big mouths, and small brains.

You want a diesel with an MT? Go someplace else, give marketing a couple of years, when they see sales drop, they will eventually get the idea.

·
10,712 Posts
Waited until GM decided to put an MT in the 2012 2LT along with the spare tire option for a hundred bucks. If they didn't, would be driving something else.

Could have also installed remote start if the MT was in neutral and the parking brake was on, but wife decided to skip this option.

These are not engineering decisions, marketing decisions, should know, put up with this stuff for over 30 years. Ha, in general, guys with big guts, big mouths, and small brains.

You want a diesel with an MT? Go someplace else, give marketing a couple of years, when they see sales drop, they will eventually get the idea.
The way the hand brake is off the line with drums, I had to be in 6th or the car would roll away. I'd like to have a remote start but with the 2LT auto it didn't do much in Cleveland winter on 2 starts. It just made it acceptable to jump in and safely rev my way through unplowed snow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.