Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if that's a word or not.

Anyway, I drive about 50 miles one-way daily - a mix of stop-and-go and steady highway driving. Yesterday when I got to work and shut the car off, the fan was screaming. Same thing again last night, and same thing again this morning.

I have only caught it once before in the middle of a "regen", and that was months ago.

Is this normal, or something wrong with the car?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi there oldreliable,

I understand that you have some concerns with your vehicle. I am not properly trained to offer technical advice, but if needed I will gladly contact your dealership in regard to your concern. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kristen,

Hoping it doesn't need a dealer visit at this point, but I will let you know if I do have to drop it off.

Took the car out for lunch (don't leave much for lunch) and it seemed just fine - I will see if it happens again this evening.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Kristen,

Hoping it doesn't need a dealer visit at this point, but I will let you know if I do have to drop it off.

Took the car out for lunch (don't leave much for lunch) and it seemed just fine - I will see if it happens again this evening.
It's good to hear everything is working fine for now, oldreliable. Definitely let us know if you have to go in for service. We'll gladly follow up with your dealership and offer additional assistance if necessary.

Talk to you soon,
Amber N. (assisting)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
My cooling fan is always on after driving home. It get's a tad warm here (105-115). I don't believe the cooling fan is an indicator of your car regenning.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have caught mine a few times doing this as well, first time was the winter when it was in the negatives outside.

The car will keep attempting to regen until it is successful. Eventually after so many tries it will display something to the effect of "continue driving" on the dash so it can complete the regen cycle that kept getting interuppted.

Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Then I'm pretty sure it will set off a code and force a reduced speed. I swear someone said that in a previous thread at least

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Super Moderator
5,234 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not running the engine fan because it was driven hard or it's a hot day. It has done that once, and that was on low speed after I shut the car off.

After/during a "regen", the car puts the fan in super jet turbine mode and it almost smells like something is burning under the hood. THAT is what my car is doing.

I have caught mine a few times doing this as well, first time was the winter when it was in the negatives outside.

The car will keep attempting to regen until it is successful. Eventually after so many tries it will display something to the effect of "continue driving" on the dash so it can complete the regen cycle that kept getting interuppted.

Nothing to worry about.
As I pulled off the highway this evening, I actually got this message on the dash screen. Remember reading about it on the forum, and jumped back on the highway and ran it at 3000 RPM til the message went off. Came home, parked the car, and no jet noises from under the hood! Guess it successfully completed it...though I don't know why it didn't start once I left the city, as there is about 15-20 minutes of stop-and-go, and then 40 minutes of straight highway driving at 55-65.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.