Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as I've been a member here, and in good standing as you certainly know by now, I need to ask why this happens here and only on this AG site. The navigation selections at the top of the main page have never worked for me and clicking on any option just triggers an ugly drop down box that obscures the screen. Couldn't this be referred to the site webmaster? I am using Windows 7, IE 11 and the compatibility mode as suggested to avoid these forum problems. There are other similar problems as well but I stopped asking about a year ago?

Thanks!
drop.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
You have issues? I've been saying that for a long time! Glad you finally realize it, first thing to getting better is admitting there is a problem.

In all seriousness though Eddy, why not try a different web browser? 99% of the complaints about this website I see are generated from people using IE, that would indicate possibly its not the website but a problem with how IE is operating.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Eddy, CT is the only site I don't use IE for. It does appear to work in Spartan (default Windows 10 browser) though. I have FF installed solely for CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Isn't "Spartan" now called "Edge"?

Eddy: No issues here (or any other web site) with FireFox V38. Try it you'll like it.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Isn't "Spartan" now called "Edge"?

Eddy: No issues here (or any other web site) with FireFox V38. Try it you'll like it.
Sort of - even in build 10130 it's still referred to as Spartan. Personally I hope Microsoft doesn't rename it Edge and also changes the icon to something else. The stylized "E" icon for Edge is way too close to the "E" icon for Internet Explorer.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
Si vis pacem para bellum ..Get a Tablet . I did 3 years ago and I love IT ...

Or you shall remain odd and lonely while your burning up in that Hot arsed place ya call affordable !

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I need to check which browser I've been using at home thought it was Firefox.. but I have had issues both at work and from home....and at work I am on Firefox....sometimes horrific lag between hitting a key and it responding...so bad at times a lot of keystrokes are simply ignored. And I am FAR from being a fast keyboarder. So its not just a Internet Exploder issue.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
We've had delays in the past - always a server side issue.

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Kay,

Two problems with IE. First, you have to use Compatibility mode to be able to use the advanced reply editing box. Second, menus don't display properly. These only occur in IE and not in any other browser, including Spartan (Edge). I think I'm the only moderator who uses IE as my main browser - CruzeTalk is the only reason I have Firefox installed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kay,

Two problems with IE. First, you have to use Compatibility mode to be able to use the advanced reply editing box. Second, menus don't display properly. These only occur in IE and not in any other browser, including Spartan (Edge). I think I'm the only moderator who uses IE as my main browser - CruzeTalk is the only reason I have Firefox installed.
:respect:I would listen to him ^ he knows all:bowing: He fixed my problem, if he didn't I wouldn't be here today:not_worthy:

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Testing this in IE 11 on Windows 7 SP1 without compatibility mode. Typing in the edit box seems to work.

Test image upload:
- first test attached. Let's see if I can inline something now.

I don't see Schrodinger's Cat proving the box does and does not exist at the same time.

Typing works - images can't be in-lined. You're closer.

Trying something Penguins.jpg Schrodinger's Box.jpg

-Kyle

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts

·
Administrator
25,087 Posts
Marie,

I'll check IE this evening but I do know that MS Edge (Windows 10 Build 10240) works like a champ with CruzeTalk.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Hey guys:)
Can you please confirm if the editing box and the menus appear to be better now?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support
I am testing to see if I can reply without any delays or digits missing as I type.

Yeah! First time in almost 5 years that this worked.

Thank you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts