Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

· Registered
990 Posts
Anything new going on with this?

A Few guys have tried to get it going I think it was 4500 but the shop needed 10 people at $500 each to get it rolling

· Registered
205 Posts
After almost 3 years, there weren't 10 people that would put the money towards it? A place by me builds custom turbo setups, but I am hesitant about the transmission. I'm burning up fluid just with a few bolt ons and a tune. Not sure the stock trans, especially with 60k on it now, would hold up with a turbo.

· Registered
990 Posts
After almost 3 years, there weren't 10 people that would put the money towards it? A place by me builds custom turbo setups, but I am hesitant about the transmission. I'm burning up fluid just with a few bolt ons and a tune. Not sure the stock trans, especially with 60k on it now, would hold up with a turbo.
thats odd you should really take your car in for service if your burning fluid that's not common. The trans isn't an issue it would be the clutch that would be the fail point.

· Registered
205 Posts
Are there sensible upgrades for the auto trans on these cars to enable it to handle more power reliably?
I drive my car pretty hard, and lots of city miles - just had trans drained and filled recently and the fluid was pretty beat up.

· Registered
990 Posts
Are there sensible upgrades for the auto trans on these cars to enable it to handle more power reliably?
I drive my car pretty hard, and lots of city miles - just had trans drained and filled recently and the fluid was pretty beat up.
fluid is good for 100k. You can switch oil but it's really not needed at your power level.

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,869 Posts
fluid is good for 100k. You can switch oil but it's really not needed at your power level.
No...no...

Most start shifting like crap by 40-50k at most if they're driven in town.

That said, the stock fill comes with corrosion inhibitors that gives it a brownish tinge, normally a color that you do not want to see with transmission fluid.

· Registered
990 Posts
No...no...

Most start shifting like crap by 40-50k at most if they're driven in town.

That said, the stock fill comes with corrosion inhibitors that gives it a brownish tinge, normally a color that you do not want to see with transmission fluid.

havent really seen that posted issue on the 6t30 or 6t45 mostly just on the 6t40 on the shifting but since my rebuild I haven't had any of those issues like I did before.

· Registered
205 Posts
TTT
Resurecting a year later :)

Any progress on this project @BNR?
I need to know how long to save my pennies for.

Thanks
Nick

Reactions: Kurtish124
141 - 156 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.