Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my wife and I are going on a road trip this weekend to Portland I decided to fuel up our Cruze Diesel. I get lined up at Costco and get lined up when a gasoline pump opens up without a green hose. I let the car behind me go, then the next patron leaves and it has a green hose. I go for it and start the process and stick in the green hose when the attendant comes running over and tries to stop me from using diesel thinking I had a gasoline powered car. I explain that the Cruze is now offered as a diesel and show him the green diesel fuel cap and he is a bit worried until after I pay for the fuel and get in the car and start and I smile and say have a nice day. When he heard the clatter from start up he then knew that Chevrolet now offers a diesel and that there are Cruze's with diesel out in the wild......:vader1:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Costco, Safeway and Arco are all at $3.869 for diesel.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Since my wife and I are going on a road trip this weekend to Portland I decided to fuel up our Cruze Diesel. I get lined up at Costco and get lined up when a gasoline pump opens up without a green hose. I let the car behind me go, then the next patron leaves and it has a green hose. I go for it and start the process and stick in the green hose when the attendant comes running over and tries to stop me from using diesel thinking I had a gasoline powered car. I explain that the Cruze is now offered as a diesel and show him the green diesel fuel cap and he is a bit worried until after I pay for the fuel and get in the car and start and I smile and say have a nice day. When he heard the clatter from start up he then knew that Chevrolet now offers a diesel and that there are Cruze's with diesel out in the wild......:vader1:
Warning! Don't depend on the green hose being diesel. When somebody drives off with one they are frequently repaired with what is availible. There is no nationwide standard for color versus fuel. I usually use one particular fuel station where the hoses on the diesel pump are diesel only. A bonus is that it happens to be the cheapest in the county($3.39 wenesday)

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I once tried to help a girl out who was about to put Diesel in it, i warned that she is at the wrong pump and she thought i was hitting on her and she told me "I know what i'm doing" and smiled. So... I kind of said something like right or if you say so..

Next thing you know right when she turned on her car it died. She thought i would go and help but i drove away like a boss laughing.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Warning! Don't depend on the green hose being diesel. When somebody drives off with one they are frequently repaired with what is availible. There is no nationwide standard for color versus fuel. I usually use one particular fuel station where the hoses on the diesel pump are diesel only. A bonus is that it happens to be the cheapest in the county($3.39 wenesday)
In Australian Service Stations the diesel hose is black and the pump has a clip with a warning on it that you have to push down to release the hose. Guess you could this idiot proofing the diesel fuel?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the Shell station does not use the green hoses near my home but that is also a truck stop. Costco that is in the nearby town has separate pumps for the diesel and gasoline and the pump is green, You clearly know that it is a diesel pump has the pump is also green.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
And we petrol drivers thought we had problems at the pump .
Cooooool story .

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I should explain better that the Costco I go to normally has 2 attendants on duty with one in the shack and the other to assist customers.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I once tried to help a girl out who was about to put Diesel in it, i warned that she is at the wrong pump and she thought i was hitting on her and she told me "I know what i'm doing" and smiled. So... I kind of said something like right or if you say so..

Next thing you know right when she turned on her car it died. She thought i would go and help but i drove away like a boss laughing.
Haha, silly girl full of herself.

Had a friend accidentally put diesel in his car. Didn't get far.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I've never seen a different colored hose on a diesel pump around here. You have to look at the pump or the nozzle to know for sure.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've never seen a different colored hose on a diesel pump around here. You have to look at the pump or the nozzle to know for sure.
I wondered how long it would take for someone to catch that brain phart. Obviously I was referring to the color of the handle that the black hose is attached to. Diesel at the cheap place went up from $3.39 to $3.45 friday.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Around here, the actual nozzle pipe that goes into the filler neck on the car is different on a diesel pump. One is smaller than the other.

·
10,712 Posts
Around here, the actual nozzle pipe that goes into the filler neck on the car is different on a diesel pump. One is smaller than the other.
Yes usualy if they don't replalce it with a gas one because the ambulance got a call in the middle of refueling and took the hose with them. Even then, people will try and force the hose over the smaller hole and let it trickle in. **** it doesn't even smell or feel the same as gas if it gets on you. You can always tell from the ground and how nasty looking the pump handle and the button for diesel is. People are still using the nozzle to select the grade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts