Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the stock look though. Any real modifications I do will be moderate at best. I have A/V on the way and may look into a k&n cold air and some 17's for early spring

·
10,686 Posts
Hand cut, I grew too impatient on the amazon shipping times and said I can find something here and do it myself. Day 2 I had overlays on front back and the steering wheel. The wheel one didn't last but 4 months. Come last October it got cold and came off after that huge storm we had. The front one is the only original, the back one was replaced only out of OCD reasons. I took the vinyl and ran it across the chrome trunk bar and realized the pattern didn't follow the flow of the rear bowtie. After a few hrs of it bothering me, I pulled it off and made it match the trunk bar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice lol. Sounds like my ocd. A friend of mine has a cruze and I think he got the vinyl in a roll? Is that something that is cured on with a blow dryer/hear gun?

·
10,686 Posts
Yes on a roll but not the one found with red packaging. That stuff is glorified Christmas wrapping paper. Didn't use heat except the steering wheel one but they held up fine. Front one went on in June of 2013 and still going strong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up a roll of the stuff today. I guess the stuff I have is marketed as carbon fiber film? Anyhow, it was $16 for a 6"x6' roll.. I figure I'll put it on one day when this rain clears out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the exact same, got it at AutoZone. At least I know it works! Plus I have 6' to trial and error a bit.

·
10,686 Posts
If you are careful enough you could literally do quite a few bowties with it. I had a guy approach me to do his, then his number went disconnected. Aparently people in our area are charging like $30-$40 to do both front and back Bowties.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No kidding? Might have found something to do in my spare time, lol. Yours looks perfectly lined up in all the corners and everything. Nice job man.

·
10,686 Posts
Thanks, the key to most these visual mods is don't rush any part of it. Being that our weather is getting cold, don't follow my exact path and try and use heat on them. I did most my work in July/August time frame here or NJ and sometimes in a heated garage at work where I may be redoing my wheel again and possibly shark fin after black Friday sale.

Don't reuse same razor or razor sharp object.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boom.. still have the center caps and steering wheel left to do. I actually used scissors to do the rear one and got it spot in besides some after install trimming with a razor. That's when I realized I could have just used a razor the whole time, and so I did with the front.

Attachments

·
10,686 Posts
Check out the silver Malibu in the reflection
Lol he's doing exactly what i did in my rear bow tie picture exactly. Pattern goes from bottom left to top right and capture a reflection of a car at the same time.

Boom.. still have the center caps and steering wheel left to do. I actually used scissors to do the rear one and got it spot in besides some after install trimming with a razor. That's when I realized I could have just used a razor the whole time, and so I did with the front.
Yeah I just found those pics after the fact. Cut a rectangle the right size, applied to bow tie, used the yellow tool to smooth flat and trace(indent) the chrome inside, then cut out with razor. Stamps big enough fr your center cap or steering wheel.
From the looks of it, it came out good.

Glad you picked that direction because the trunk bar will follow that same direction if you decide to tackle that later on in that roll. Take your time and sit level with the trunk as it curves on you if you apply from standing angle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I actually like the look of that Malibu's factory rims. I think it's an '11 or so. Anyone know if they fit the Cruze bolt pattern?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
6 Participants
Cruze2.0TD
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing